YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Three Headed Dog (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Jun 23, 2018 12:38PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Please check in!

Members:
Hannah - x
Megan - x
Melanie - x
Jamie - x
Lara - x
Quirks - x
Sanah - x

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11416 comments hi everyone

message 3: by Melanie (last edited Jun 22, 2018 11:12AM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Checking in :)

Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments Checking in! :)

message 5: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Checking in :)

message 6: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments So keen!!! Checking in!

message 7: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7339 comments Checking in!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments We all have checked in!

message 9: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Yay, so excited! This challenge is good, because basically any book you read can be counted. Try to get as many Buddy Reads as possible for the double points. So excited for this!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments There is only 2 books I can BR but they both will get 12 points. A lot of people on here don't read the same genre that I do.

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I have some of my TBR list ready. Will be reading:

The Assault Cycle Two of the Harbinger Series (Harbingers #5-8) by Bill Myers The Raven (Coffey & Hill #2) by Mike Nappa Heart on the Line (Ladies of Harper’s Station, #2) by Karen Witemeyer With Love, Wherever You Are by Dandi Daley Mackall Trial Run (Fault Lines #1) by Thomas Locke The Delusion We All Have Our Demons (The Delusion #1) by Laura Gallier Things I Never Told You (Thatcher Sisters #1) by Beth K. Vogt More Than Meets the Eye (Patchwork Family #1) by Karen Witemeyer The Theory of Happily Ever After by Kristin Billerbeck Grace Happens Here You Are Standing Where Grace is Happening by Max Lucado Breaking the Fear Cycle How to Find Peace for Your Anxious Heart by Maria Furlough Storm Front (Montana Rescue #5) by Susan May Warren A Worthy Pursuit (A Worthy Pursuit, #1) by Karen Witemeyer Mail-Order Bride Switch (Stand-In Brides) by Dorothy Clark Flirtation Walk by Siri Mitchell Fatal Vendetta by Sharon Dunn Mystery Child (Mission Rescue #5) by Shirlee McCoy

message 12: by Jamie (last edited Jul 01, 2018 09:46AM) (new)

Jamie | 11416 comments Books in mind/planned (some tentative pending free time)

BRs:
1st/Cont The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5) by Lemony Snicket series
1st: Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
2nd Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber
3rd The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
8th Down with the Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn
9th The 100 (The 100, #1) by Kass Morgan
10th Inkspell (Inkworld, #2) by Cornelia Funke
12th Spelled (The Storymakers, #1) by Betsy Schow ?
12th Backward Compatible by Sarah Daltry
13th The Shadow Soul (A Dance of Dragons, #1) by Kaitlyn Davis
16th Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell ?
20th Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown
20th Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1) by Richelle Mead
22nd Joyland by Stephen King

Other books: The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell Sleep, Merel, Sleep by Silke Stein The Past Is Rising (Language of the Dead Book 1) by Kathryn Bywaters The Well of Eternity (WarCraft War of the Ancients, #1) by Richard A. Knaak Mistletoe in Texas by Kari Lynn Dell

Other possibilities: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Jamie, want to BR The Shadow Soul (A Dance of Dragons, #1) by Kaitlyn Davis next month?

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11416 comments Melanie wrote: "Jamie, want to BR The Shadow Soul (A Dance of Dragons, #1) by Kaitlyn Davis next month?"

Sure! Between the 7th and 13th or 18th-24th would be best if possible. :)

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments 13th or 18th works for me. :) will you request the thread?

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11416 comments Sure I’ll set it for the 13th then :)

message 17: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11416 comments I’ll request later tonight

message 18: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Most of mine are buddy reads this month, but if anyone wants to read 13 Reasons why, or chasing Evaline (Netgalley) feel free to let me know! Buddy read points are really important so try to line up as many as possible.

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Jamie wrote: "Sure I’ll set it for the 13th then :)"

Jamie wrote: "I’ll request later tonight"

thank you :)

message 20: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Keen to start on this challenge, I like how flexible it is with what we can read!

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Lara wrote: "Keen to start on this challenge, I like how flexible it is with what we can read!"

Same here! My first book will be one that I started in June, so it'll just be for the pages I've read this month.

message 22: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments I'm doing lots of Buddy Reads this month, I'm working through Legendary & When Dimple Met Rishi at the moment.

message 23: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments How are you guys all doing with your current reads?

message 24: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11416 comments I have 1 small book finished that I still need to write the review for. Not a BR sadly.

But all these are! Currently reading: Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien Battle Royale by Koushun Takami Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments I'm about to post my 3rd review. I should have another one done tonight.

message 26: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Lara wrote: "How are you guys all doing with your current reads?"

I'm nearly done with my first book. Been really busy, but I'm trying to fit reading in. :)

message 27: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Melanie wrote: "Lara wrote: "How are you guys all doing with your current reads?"

I'm nearly done with my first book. Been really busy, but I'm trying to fit reading in. :)"

I know the feeling! I'm about to be on holidays and should have plenty of time then, but I've had a busy few weeks before that!

message 28: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7339 comments Hey, just popping in to say that I've finished two books so far. Just haven't gotten around to reviewing them. And I'm currently reading 'Fellowship of the Rings' and 'We Are the Ants'.

message 29: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Posted my first book. Currently reading The Delusion: We All Have Our Demons The Delusion We All Have Our Demons (The Delusion #1) by Laura Gallier . Around 20% and it is really interesting so far.

message 30: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Hey guys, sorry I haven't been active lately. I am on vacation and haven't gotten a ton of reading time. I am currently reading All the Light We Cannot See (we can still count books we started in june as long as we exclude the pages not read this month, right?) I have the rest of the Darkest Minds trilogy to finish and then I'll pick up a few more books this week!

message 31: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Finished and posted the Delusion. Now working on finishing up The Bones Will Speak (Gwen Marcey #2) by Carrie Stuart Parks

message 32: by Jamie (last edited Jul 08, 2018 02:16PM) (new)

Jamie | 11416 comments My reading progress:
The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien 34% BR, 500+ pgs=10 pts
Battle Royale by Koushun Takami 16% BR, 600+ pgs=12 pts
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman 16% BR, 600+ pgs=12 pts

Slow but steady progress but these are some big point books so when I do finish and post they'll help a lot.

So we are in last place, by a LOT, so lets see if we can all step it up and show everyone that we are still in this! I work a double shift today but then I have a couple days off so I hope to get some good reading in over the next few days! Lets catch up and re-join the race!

Special thanks to Lara and Melanie for being our current point leaders and pulling us along!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments I'm about to post three reviews. I'm working on 3 more books. I do have a couple BR's coming up next week. Hopefully it will help some.

message 34: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Yay, come on guys, we can still do this!

message 35: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Reading Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

message 36: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I'm almost done with another book. :))

message 37: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Sanah wrote: "Reading Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra BrackenIn The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra BrackenAll the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr"

Are you joining the buddy reads for the Darkest Minds novels?

message 38: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments I just posted two reviews, I've got two Buddy Reads on the go at the moment as well. Hopefully we can catch up!

message 39: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85691 comments Mod
Hello Team Three Headed Dog, just to let you know that I have messaged both Quirks and Sanah as they haven't posted reviews yet. We're on a slightly tighter schedule this month as I will be going on holiday on the 14th, so I will be looking to replace anybody who hasn't posted by the 12th. Thanks x

message 40: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11416 comments My reading progress as of now:
Down with the Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn 58% BR, 300+ pgs=6 pts
The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien 39% BR, 500+ pgs=10 pts

message 41: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments About to start: Loving Grace by April Smith Fatal Vendetta by Sharon Dunn (BR) Protective Instincts (Mission Rescue #1) by Shirlee McCoy (BR)

message 42: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments I'm about halfway Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi (BR)

And plan to start Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1) by Jay Kristoff _ Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken _ In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken _ The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton all sometime within this week, and they are all buddy reads. Hopefully we can catch up!

message 43: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments The gap between scores is a lot smaller than it was before, though we're still behind by a bit. If you guys are able to get any buddy reads it would really boost our score!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments I have one more BR. I try to get BR's but nobody seems to read the same books as me.

message 45: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments @Hannah Well if you've posted on the Wanted Buddy Readers thread, there's not much more you can do. Just keep reading! 😊

message 46: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Meganand I have some buddy reads planned together. And Jamie and i have one. :))

message 47: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments My current read is a buddy read. 😊

message 48: by Jamie (last edited Jul 13, 2018 01:39PM) (new)

Jamie | 11416 comments My reading progress:
The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5) by Lemony Snicket 33% BR, 261 pgs= 4 pts
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood 5% BR, 512 pgs =10 pts

Up next (and all BRs):
The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell The 100 (The 100, #1) by Kass Morgan Inkspell (Inkworld, #2) by Cornelia Funke Backward Compatible by Sarah Daltry The Shadow Soul (A Dance of Dragons, #1) by Kaitlyn Davis

Going to read as much as possible today but I wont be reading much this weekend. The last 2 weekends of this month I have big readathons so I hope to make up for this weekend and last with those. :)

message 49: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I'm almost done with a book that'll be worth 8 points. :) also working on an audiobook. :D

message 50: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Oops. Just remembered a review book that I have to have done soon, so I will be taking a break from other reads and read that one first. I'm super excited as it is a book I've been looking forward to reading. 😊

« previous 1