Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Mini Readathon 4! - June 22-24

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments It's time for our fourth mini readathon!
Create a goal, set none, but have fun reading!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Jackie wrote: "It's time for our fourth mini readathon!
Create a goal, set none, but have fun reading!"

Woohoo!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments I'm hoping to make a good dent on this series Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs

message 4: by Jackie (last edited Jun 22, 2018 09:19AM) (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments To be read:
Iron Gold (Red Rising, #4) by Pierce Brown
The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson
Currently reading:
Finished reading:
Need to review:
The Breakdown by B.A. Paris
Finished reviewing:

message 5: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 343 comments Hey.... Can anyone join?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Rae wrote: "Hey.... Can anyone join?"

Yes!

message 7: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (last edited Jun 22, 2018 03:11PM) (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 24655 comments Mod
I'm hoping to read 3 books. The first will be Runaway (Airhead, #3) by Meg Cabot

EDIT* I finished Runaway, work was slooooow today. Tonight I will start on book 2, but I'm not sure what it will be yet ;P

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Aly wrote: "I'm hoping to read 3 books. The first will be Runaway (Airhead, #3) by Meg Cabot"

That was a good series! I read it a few years ago. I think pre goodreads. :)

message 9: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
Hoping to read these: Reign of the Fallen (Reign of the Fallen, #1) by Sarah Glenn Marsh Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter Circe by Madeline Miller Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber and start The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark, #2) by Veronica Roth

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Andrea wrote: "Hoping to read these: Reign of the Fallen (Reign of the Fallen, #1) by Sarah Glenn Marsh Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter Circe by Madeline Miller Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber and sta..."

I want to read Reign of the Fallen and Caraval. No time though. :/

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I will be finishing off Percy Jackson #3 and starting The Tombs of Atuan. Also working on Sins of Empire, which I'm loving.

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Sounds like everyone has some great goals!

message 13: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 689 comments I want to make a dent in 11/22/63 by Stephen King (it's too long, there's no way I'm going to finish it in 3 days :P)

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Good luck!

message 15: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'm hoping to read 3 books. The first will be Runaway (Airhead, #3) by Meg Cabot"

That was a good series! I read it a few years ago. I think pre goodreads. :)"

It's been on my TBR forever so I'm finally finishing it.

message 16: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Andrea wrote: "Hoping to read these: Reign of the Fallen (Reign of the Fallen, #1) by Sarah Glenn Marsh Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter Circe by Madeline Miller Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber and sta..."
Wow, go girl! That's awesome

message 17: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I'm interested to see what you think of 11/22/63, Gulia. I have it on my shelf at home and haven't read it yet.

message 18: by Madison (new)

Madison | 127 comments Hoping to finished Dead Presidents and The Shining!

message 19: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 343 comments My goal is to read 8 books this weekend.

Currently reading Undraland (Undraland, #1) by Mary E. Twomey

message 20: by Sissie (new)

Sissie Ouyang | 1 comments The Great Alone started yesterday!

message 21: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
Aly wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Hoping to read these: Reign of the Fallen (Reign of the Fallen, #1) by Sarah Glenn Marsh Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter Circe by Madeline Miller [bookcover:Caraval|27..."

We'll see if I get through all of them XD

message 22: by Lakshmanan (new)

Lakshmanan (laxmena) Reading Jo Nesbo's head hunters, and planning to read hourly history Napoleon and Tesla

message 23: by Liz (new)

Liz (thelovelymoonandi) I’m in.

I am hoping to finish Nora and Kettle by Lauren Nicole Taylor. If for some reason I finish (I doubt it), I will probably read Selected Tales of the Brothers Grimm by Jacob and Wilhelm(?) Grimm.

message 24: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Liz wrote: "I’m in.

I am hoping to finish Nora and Kettle by Lauren Nicole Taylor. If for some reason I finish (I doubt it), I will probably read Selected Tales of the Brothers Grimm by Jacob and Wilhelm(?) ..."

Ooh, that sounds good!

message 25: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Sins of Empire is so good! Really enjoying it. And I finished up my Percy Jackson book so tomorrow I will begin my audio of The Tombs of Atuan.

message 26: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
I love Percy Jackson!

I'm also 60% done with Reign of the fallen and it's decent so far!

message 27: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Percy Jackson is great! I'm doing the series on audio this time. I read them for the first time six or seven years ago.

message 28: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
C.P. wrote: "Percy Jackson is great! I'm doing the series on audio this time. I read them for the first time six or seven years ago."

Yeah I read them in high school so like 6 or 7 years sounds about right for me as well!

message 29: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I think I read them on summer break my first year of college.

message 30: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
My freshmen year English teacher introduced the series to me, but I'm not sure when I read it. I know it was sometime after that but before my junior year

message 31: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I don't remember how I was introduced to it. I think I saw the movie and then read the book. Maybe.

message 32: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments So it was like eight years ago. Yikes. Even longer than I thought.

message 33: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
C.P. wrote: "I don't remember how I was introduced to it. I think I saw the movie and then read the book. Maybe."

Oh god the movie is horrible XD

message 34: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments They are pretty bad. But Logan Lerman...I would probably watch them just because he's on there.

message 35: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
Yes! Same I love him!

message 36: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Me too!

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Great job finishing the third book.

message 38: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
I don't think I'm going to finish anything tonight, but I'm about halfway done with Circe and like 75% done with Reign of the Fallen

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Good job.

message 40: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments That's great, Andrea! You're making progress.

message 41: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
They're both pretty good! Hoping to finish Reign of the Fallen by the time I'm done at the gym

message 42: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 689 comments I'm at page 230 (about 30%) of 11/22/63. I'm a sucker for time travel stories and I'm really enjoying it. So far it's less weird and horror than the usual for this author (at least for my limited experience: I've only read 3 of his Dark Tower books and watched a couple of movies). I mean, I'm sure there'll be lots of twisted butterfly effects going onward, but I should be safe from the likes of haunted houses, creepy clowns and giant killer lobsters XD.

message 43: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
~ Giulia ~ wrote: "I'm at page 230 (about 30%) of 11/22/63. I'm a sucker for time travel stories and I'm really enjoying it. So far it's less weird and horror than the usual for this author (at least for my limited e..."

I don't really care for horror books but I've had 11/22/63 on my radar for a while

message 44: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Yeah, I've heard it's not horror in the same way that his other stuff is. Haven't read any, but I have a couple on my shelf.

message 45: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
Managed to finish off Reign of the Fallen and Circe today. I might start Ghostly Echoes, feeling kinda slump-y tho

message 46: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Hopefully it doesn't stick! Maybe you just need a break for the night.

message 47: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I'm about to read a couple more chapters of Sins of Empire and head to bed.

I'm about halfway through The Tombs of Atuan and enjoying it pretty well.

message 48: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
C.P. wrote: "Hopefully it doesn't stick! Maybe you just need a break for the night."

Definitely possible.

message 49: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9968 comments Mod
C.P. wrote: "I'm about to read a couple more chapters of Sins of Empire and head to bed.

I'm about halfway through The Tombs of Atuan and enjoying it pretty well."

Yay!

message 50: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I finished The Tombs of Atuan today! And I'm making good progress with Sins of Empire.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.