What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Telling Tales (Vera Stanhope, #2)
This topic is about Telling Tales
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Crime/mystery novel about a woman who commits suicide in prison a day before she is let free. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (new) - rated it 4 stars

M | 7 comments Could someone help me find this book? The woman was in prison for murdering her boyfriend's teenage daughter. She said she was innocent but noone believed her but a few years later her innocence was proved. But a day before she was let free she commited suicide and left a letter explaining the reason. The detective who got this case also begun investigating the murder of the girl. I think it's a book series but I'm not sure.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40689 comments Mod
When did you read it?
Where and when is it set?
Author female or male?
Cover?

message 3: by M (new) - rated it 4 stars

M | 7 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "When did you read it?
Where and when is it set?
Author female or male?
Cover?"

I read it in 2014 but i don't know when it was published. It's set in a small town or village and the detective is a female. I think the author is also female. I can't remember the cover

message 4: by M (new) - rated it 4 stars

M | 7 comments Also one of the main characters is the murdered girl's best friend who now is a married woman with a newborn child

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jul 13, 2018 09:49AM) (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
M, can you tell us more about the main characters - their jobs/skills, daughter's age, how long was the woman in prison, who and where was the girl's mother, etc.?

What did they think was her motive for killing her boyfriend's daughter?

Is it set in U.S./England/etc. during modern times?

message 7: by M (new) - rated it 4 stars

M | 7 comments Yes it's Telling Tales. I wanted to find the book so i can i read the rest of the series. Thank you very much!!!!

message 8: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments You’re welcome M.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Telling Tales (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ann Cleeves (other topics)