THE Group for Authors! discussion

From Within
This topic is about From Within
General Discussion > remove book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melissa Bushéy | 1 comments Is there any possible way you can remove this book from my list as I am the author of this book. I'm getting it traditionally published and they need it removed.

message 2: by rivka (new)

rivka | 563 comments Hi Melissa,

Goodreads does not delete out-of-print books or editions. Please see http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/22... and http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/32...

However, we can add a new edition for the new publication and set it as the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Can you provide some details about the new edition, so we can add it for you? Or if you prefer, you can add the new edition yourself.

message 3: by Gene (new)

Gene Lee | 1 comments On my author profile, Gene Lee, it lists other books that are not mine. My book is Men Without Hate and the only one that should be on my listing and my profile. How do I get rid of the others?

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven (goodreadscomstevenkerry) | 138 comments The one thing that comes through loud and clear in this group is how complex this site is to navigate. Hopefully Goodreads sees a pattern here? They would do well to simplify the site, and a few of their policies are strangely unfriendly to authors. If someone gets a self-published book traditionally published why confuse potential readers by retaining the self-published editions online? It only makes it more confusing for our potential readers and appears to undermine the accomplishment of getting a self-published book published the traditional route. Policies are fine, but there should be a mutually beneficial purpose to the policies.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 137 comments If you need help with moving books to a different "Gene Lee," I would ask at the Librarian's Group, which is here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/220 .

message 6: by Miss M (new)

Miss M | 84 comments Steven wrote: "The one thing that comes through loud and clear in this group is how complex this site is to navigate. Hopefully Goodreads sees a pattern here? They would do well to simplify the site, and a few of..."

Because it’s not just about “potential” readers, it’s about past and present readers as well. A major (some say the primary) function of Goodreads is as a cataloguing site and book owners/readers want to catalogue the specific editions of books they’ve purchased or read. We get pretty worked up if anyone, including authors, messes with our catalogued records. Book pages are not sales pages, but catalogue records. Goodreads gives plenty of flexibility for various editions of each book.

message 7: by Shaun (last edited Sep 19, 2018 04:47AM) (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments Gene wrote: "On my author profile, Gene Lee, it lists other books that are not mine. My book is Men Without Hate and the only one that should be on my listing and my profile. How do I get rid of the others?"

Hi Gene, it's best to post your query in the Librarians Group please (see Susanna's message 5 for the link). 😊