Play Book Tag discussion

Raven Stole the Moon
This topic is about Raven Stole the Moon
June 2018: Magical Realism > (Decathlon) Raven Stole the Moon by Garth Stein - 3.4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sushicat | 805 comments Two years ago, Jenna and Robert lost their son in a drowning accident in Alaska. Now Jenna drops everything and heads to Alaska to finally get a grasp on things. There she comes across the legend of the kushtaka, spirits that lure people in and trap their souls in a place between life and death. She finds herself pursued and connects to a shaman in her search for understanding.

I wanted to love this book more than I did - Alaska, Native American mythology... but somehow, though it had all the right ingredients, it kept a distance.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6731 comments Hmmm, definitely sounds like some magical realism right there. I am watching a television show on Showtime where a great deal hinges on the death of a son in a drowning accident, and I have to say that it's a very strong and interesting premise for a narrative. But not sure I would be able to get my mind around spirits luring people into some kind of limbo, lol.

Sushicat | 805 comments Lol. Definitely would not recommend this to you.