#AYEARATHON discussion

July 2018 - TBR Catch-Up > July - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1015 comments Mod
This Month's Info:
Takes Place From - (2-8)
Theme - TBR Catch-up (Let's meet those halfway marks on our goals!)
Challenge - Read a Trilogy

What are you planning on reading?

message 2: by Susy (last edited Jun 21, 2018 11:33PM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 228 comments My TBR list for July (the whole month):

TBR 14: Het veilige huis
TBR 15: Macaber Carnaval
TBR 16: Met liefde : de mooiste liefdesverhalen
TBR 17: A Vida, Uma Viagem de Malas Feitas
TBR 18: De engelenmaker
TBR 19: Het paradijs om de hoek

But I also have two June reads which I won't be able to read this month (still reading Circe and The Book Thief):
The Alienist
Alias Grace

message 3: by Kimberly (last edited Jun 22, 2018 07:48AM) (new)

Kimberly | 129 comments TBR books that I didn't get too during the first 6 months include

The Boy in the Suitcase (Nina Borg, #1) by Lene Kaaberbøl The English Wife by Lauren Willig Daddy's Home (Holly Jennings #1) by A.K. Alexander Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King, #2) by Tricia Levenseller I See You by Clare Mackintosh

And then theres June's TBR which i'm not sure what i wont finish but I'm guessing these ones will be added on to my list
Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert The Anomaly by Michael Rutger Easy as One Two Three (Emma Frost #7) by Willow Rose

I'm going to do a whole month of catch up but we'll see what I can get to that week :)

Also reading these books and don't know what i'll finish in the next 8 days
Lies You Never Told Me by Jennifer Donaldson A Dark Mind (Lizzy Gardner #3) by T.R. Ragan Thinner by Richard Bachman

message 4: by Janie (last edited Jun 22, 2018 09:16AM) (new)

Janie (sj_ellis11) I'm wanting to finish some of the books I've started in past months:
The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Heart of Iron (Heart of Iron, #1) by Ashley Poston Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1) by Amanda Foody Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling - basically any of these!

Kimberly (novelhaus) (kimbeurkly) | 1 comments My plans for July are to read:

TBR: Continuing series
Frozen Tides King's Cage War Storm A Reaper at the Gates

Once those are done, new series:
The Cruel Prince Labyrinth Lost To Kill a Kingdom

message 6: by Jasmiina (new)

Jasmiina F (slipperbunny) | 42 comments I'm going to take it easy and just try to finish Poikkeus säännöstä, which is huge, and make some progress with Maresi. If I get bored with those I'll start reading Misogynation: The True Scale of Sexism.

Gil-or (readingbooksinisrael) (meirathefirst) I need to finish two webcomics:

Immortal Nerd- Immortal Nerd by Hanna-Pirita Lehkonen

Annarasumanara- Annarasumanara by Ha Il Kwon

And get to an ARC that came out on June 5th (!):

The Trans Generation How Trans Kids (and Their Parents) Are Creating a Gender Revolution by Ann Travers (I don't expect to finish this this week but at least I'll start it.)

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 39 comments I’m trying to catch up and finish books I’ve started which are

1. Clockwork Angel
2. 9 Days and 9 Nights
3. Finale
4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid Roderick Rules
5. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

message 9: by Paget (new)

Paget | 109 comments I am way behind in all my reading goals and challenges for 2018. I have been in a reading slump since February. It is going to be baby steps for me. So I will focus just on one book
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

message 10: by ke-sha (last edited Jul 02, 2018 02:10AM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1015 comments Mod
So, Since I can't find my copy of Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer and I may need to get a new copy #ThatsSad I think I'll ReRead To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han , and then finally read P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han & Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han .

I'll also check my Kindle because Im sure I can find lots of unread series & books on there haha!

message 11: by Katherine (last edited Aug 04, 2018 07:05AM) (new)

Katherine | 5 comments July - To Be Read (TBR)

Read:
How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (How to Train Your Dragon, #10) by Cressida Cowell Boy Tales of Childhood by Roald Dahl Saga, Vol. 6 (Saga, #6) by Brian K. Vaughan Ink and Paper by Megan Derr The Beauty's Brother by Leon Hart Depression is a Liar by Danny Baker

message 12: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 91 comments I would like to get to these this week:
Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #3) by Layla Reyne Necromancing the Stone (Necromancer, #2) by Lish McBride Against All Silence (SOS, #2) by E.C. Myers

message 13: by Kayla (last edited Jul 02, 2018 05:06PM) (new)

Kayla Farley (kaymarfar) | 4 comments I plan of finishing:
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin
and
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
this July!

message 14: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 99 comments I am setting the goal of reading 31 books in July because I want to clear one of my smaller bookshelves and it kinda bugs me that I am getting rid of so many books that I haven't read. So I plan to definitely read Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han which fits with the trilogy theme, as well as finally finishing Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2) by Anna Banks and depending how well I tolerate it then maybe the third one as well Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3) by Anna Banks which is also a trilogy. I really want to finish books I DNFed so Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan because while we have no interest in seeing the movie my sister in-law was curious to how it ends because I told her I read half of it. Also The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2) by Graeme Simsion which is a sequel to the Rosie Project which I enjoyed but the second one...is kinda bland. Also My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody and Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi for sure. Sci-fi and Dystopian books contributed to that horrible 2 (3) year reading slump I was in so I am trying to avoid that but I have so many because of BookTube. I am still debating the Mortal Instrument series or just leave that alone and only read the Infernal Devices trilogy. The rest of my TBR for this month will be decided randomly or through the picks of family and friends.

message 15: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 4 comments For this week I've finished:

Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2) by Victoria Schwab by Victoria Schwab
and The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas by Sarah J. Maas

So, I finished a duology, not a trilogy but oh well. I didn't want to finish any of the trilogies I'm working on.
Currently reading: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon.