Great American Read List discussion

Members' Progress > Manda’s list

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew, moderator (new)

Andrew (andyhuey) | 332 comments Mod
Wow, 1000 unread books! That makes me feel much better about my 275 unread books. :-)

message 2: by Lavan, moderator (new)

Lavan Zerach | 498 comments Mod
Thank you for joining the Great American Read List group, Manda, and for creating a personal bookshelf!

I'm glad you'll be reading Siddhartha along with the group; I hope you'll join our discussion and share your thoughts as you read!

I started The Song of Ice and Fire series in April, before PBS's The Great American Read aired. I'm currently reading book 2, A Clash of Kings. In my opinion, it's outstanding! I gave five stars to A Game of Thrones and I'm enjoying the second book just as much.

My to-read shelf keeps growing. I wonder if I'll ever read them all. Maybe someday.

message 3: by Lavan, moderator (last edited Jun 24, 2018 08:32AM) (new)

It's been seven years since A Dance with Dragons was released. Fans are still waiting anxiously for The Winds of Winter. I know I'll be impatient for the final two books once I'm caught up with the first five. I'll need an abundance of patience, that's for sure!

message 4: by Parker (new)

Parker | 58 comments Lavan, I've given up on him ever finishing the series.

message 5: by Lavan, moderator (new)

Parker wrote: "Lavan, I've given up on him ever finishing the series."

GoodReads has the publication date set for 2020. I wonder how accurate that is, because it's been pushed up several times. That'd be nine years between A Dance with Dragons and The Winds of Winter. Fans will be going out of their minds by then (if they aren't already)!

message 6: by Parker (new)

Parker | 58 comments Lavan wrote: "Parker wrote: "Lavan, I've given up on him ever finishing the series."

GoodReads has the publication date set for 2020. I wonder how accurate that is, because it's been pushed up several times. Th..."

He seems to be spending a lot of time on other things. Diana Gabaldon takes a lot of time too, but she does daily lines on her website, so at least you know she's working on it.