Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Ask You Later
This topic is about Ask You Later
Book Issues > 2 books attributed to the wrong author

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (new)

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 107 comments Hello - Two of my books, ASK YOU LATER and ZERO SUM have been attributed to the wrong author. Could you fix this? Thank you.

My author page:

https://www.goodreads.com/JanThompson...

The 2 books in question:

Ask You Later: A Savannah Sweethearts Prequel: Prelude to Savannah Sweethearts, Vacation Sweethearts, Protector Sweethearts, Seaside Chapel, and Seaside Cottages

Zero Sum

Thank you!
Jan

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11546 comments Books moved to your profile

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 107 comments Thank you very much!

I am still waiting for Amazon to update the book cover. How long does that usually take?

I think the blank cover entry came from a reader. I usually just wait for Amazon to upload the book info to Goodreads.

Thank you!

message 4: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11546 comments I updated the empty edition, because when the import from Amazon happens, it will be a new edition, not an update of the existing edition, so we had still to do something with the empty edition.

I don't know when automatic imports happen.

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 107 comments Thank you and it looks like the automatic import found it and put a cover on it, so all is well. Thank you again!

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26910 comments No, once its on GR, amazon doesn't look for it to give it a cover.

I'm assuming Renske took care of it when she said she updated the empty edition.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45508 comments Mod
Sandra wrote: "No, once its on GR, amazon doesn't look for it to give it a cover."

Book data and book covers often import separately. The cover importers look for the record with the correct ISBN or ASIN.