What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Thriller or Literary Fiction, 2016-2018: Group of friends make a pact when they're young that if one person uses a code word, the other(s) will immediately walk away from their lives.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kieri (new)

Kieri | 4 comments I don't remember any plot details - just read the description and thought it sounded cool. I think it came out within the last year or two. Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1530 comments No idea what this book is, but commenting so I can follow the replies, because it sounds really interesting! Hope you find it.

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4324 comments It may still be in your browser history?

message 4: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1424 comments Hmmm... As in 'Jo says *code word*' and Bob walks away from Jo's life? Or 'Jo says *code word*' and THEY ALL walk away from their lives? Like maybe they all did something that's about to 'blow up in their faces' or somethings gone wrong and they need to run?

It reminds me of something, but the only book I can remember with something similar is where the guys all agree on code word that effectively makes a girl off limits cause the first guy calls dibs.

message 5: by Kieri (last edited Jun 22, 2018 11:36AM) (new)

Kieri | 4 comments Ayshe wrote: "It may still be in your browser history?"

Alas, this was at the bookstore a couple of months ago. I've gone back a couple of times to read flyleafs and see if something jogs my memory, but no luck do far.

message 6: by Kieri (new)

Kieri | 4 comments MJ wrote: "Hmmm... As in 'Jo says *code word*' and Bob walks away from Jo's life? Or 'Jo says *code word*' and THEY ALL walk away from their lives? Like maybe they all did something that's about to 'blow up i..."

I think it was if one of them called one of the others with a code word, that person would literally drop what they were doing and leave their home, family, etc. Pretty sure there was a murder involved in there somewhere, but I can't recall for sure.

message 8: by Melody (new)

Melody Kemble | 31 comments I never know if the links work cause I'm on the app but... Ruth Ware, The Lying Game. A group of old high school friends, now in their 30s/40s meet back up in the town they went to school at because one of them texted the others. The friend who texted did have a father who died when they were kids and his death plays are large role in the story.

message 9: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4324 comments The Lying Game by Ruth Ware - links for Melody's suggestion

message 10: by Kieri (new)

Kieri | 4 comments I'm not sure if that's it, but it sounds really interesting and I will check it out.. For now, is there a way to move this to "Possibly Solved"?not
not
Thank you for your help!

message 11: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4324 comments Kieri wrote: "is there a way to move this to "Possibly Solved"?"
Click the "edit" next to the topic's title (on the desktop site).

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36528 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of The Lying Game by Ruth Ware - Ayshe's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=DNj...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Lying Game (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ruth Ware (other topics)