Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Origin (Lux, #4)
This topic is about Origin
Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > Armentrout, Jennifer L, Origin (Lux #4, Informal Buddy Read, Starts 15 July 2018

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31620 comments Mod

Synopsis
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

~ Buddy Style Reads ~
    Three Ways to Enjoy a Book!
At NRBC we use three styles of buddy reads. These will be indicated in the thread title as “Buddy Read”, “Relaxed Buddy Read” or “Informal Buddy Read”.
A “Buddy Read” has a discussion leader and a reading date is set to start the book. A reading schedule is posted prior to the start date and discussion questions are posted each day regarding that section of the book. More information about these types of reads is below. An example is here, showing a reading schedule here.

A “Relaxed Buddy Read” is similar to our usual “buddy reads” except there are less questions and break points. For example, a book may be split into three sections and those reading the book should pause at the end of the section to answer some discussion questions, make comments, or ask their own questions to other readers. An example is here.

An “Informal Buddy Read” doesn’t have a discussion leader and participants are asked to consider some generic questions when making comments about the book. An example is here.

A “Read and Watch Buddy Read” may be set up as any of the above, but we will also watch the movie or T.V. series - or even go to a play! - and make comparisons, discussing what has been left out or changed as well as the actors and actresses. There is a long debate of what one should do first: read the books or watch the movie? We usually read first, but it isn’t essential. Also, if you would like to join in, but don’t want to watch the movie, show, or play, but only read the books, that is fine, too. An example is here.

MORE UNDER SPOILER
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

Karishma (karishmanewar) I will be reading this today but would love to join in the discussion when you guys start.

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments I am excited to read this book - is it the last in the series or is she writing more?

message 6: by Karishma (last edited Jun 28, 2018 11:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karishma (karishmanewar) There is one last book in the series.

And a standalone Arum book.

And then I think a new spinoff series is coming out.

Joanne Well I guess after the ending of the last book I better get started on this one. LOL

Team Draco Malfoy

message 8: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Karishma wrote: "There is one last book in the series.

And a standalone Arum book.

And then I think a new spinoff series is coming out."

I didn't realize there was a spin off coming out. There are a couple more books in the Luxon world
Oblivion (Lux, #1.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The e-book is the first three books from Daemon's POV
Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout A stand alone that takes place the same time as this one with the Arem and gives a bigger picture of what's really happening. Also it shows it's not just black and white with the Arem and Luxon.

message 9: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) So happy it's has both Katy and Daemon's POV!!

I think it's funny that Katy is being told Beth is unstable. Considering what happened with Carissa with her instability, it's obvious that any thing wrong with Bethany is what Daedalus did to her.
I feel so bad for Daemon. He knows exactly where Dawson's head was when he kept trying to go after Beth. I think the only difference now, Dawson knows where Daemon's head is and won't fight as hard as Daemon and Dee since he can truly empathize.

Joanne I've started this one but not very far in. Also very excited to see that it's got both POV.

message 11: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I hate the cliffhanger!!!

(view spoiler)

Does anyone want to do a buddy read with Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout and/or Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ?

message 12: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Ugh, I am behind. I am starting this today. I have Opposition already also.

message 13: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Ora wrote: "I hate the cliffhanger!!!

I love Mica, especially when he asked Daemon to play. Anything that scares Daemon should make anyone cautious. I honestly can’t remember if Nancy dies or not, however I r..."

I will do Opposition if you can give me until maybe Saturday or Sunday so I can finish this one first!

message 14: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Ora wrote: "I hate the cliffhanger!!!

I love Mica, especially when he asked Daemon to play. Anything that scares Daemon should make anyone cautious. I honestly can’t remember if Nancy dies or not, however I r..."

I read Obsession some years back, I liked it.

Joanne If this one ends on a cliffhanger too I’ll probably also join for the next one, although I was going to try to squeeze in a harry potter before my next buddy reads start.

message 16: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Joanne wrote: "If this one ends on a cliffhanger too I’ll probably also join for the next one, although I was going to try to squeeze in a harry potter before my next buddy reads start."

Yes there is a cliffhanger

message 17: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments page 35 (view spoiler)
Thank you, I feel better now

message 18: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Teri wrote: "page 35 [spoilers removed]
Thank you, I feel better now"

Yes Blake is a complete jerk. (view spoiler)

message 19: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Page 70
(view spoiler)

message 20: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments page 102 (view spoiler)

message 21: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Teri wrote: "Page 70
[spoilers removed]"

I love Luc!! He can be a little creepy, but I like it.

message 22: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Teri wrote: "page 102 [spoilers removed]"

I was happy to when that happened to. I hate that Katy is haunted by it though.

message 23: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments page 133
I find myself a little bloodthirsty this time around. I'm not sure about Luc yet. He's creeping me out! I liked Dee's conversation with Daemon, she's had such a rough go of things. (view spoiler)

message 24: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I guess I'm bloodthirsty too since I completely agree about Nancy.

message 25: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Page 188
(view spoiler)

Joanne Just met Mica/Mika?

Hard to know exactly where I am because I’m doing this one on audio and there are no chapter numbers.

(view spoiler)

This is finally getting good!

message 27: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Joanne wrote: "Just met Mica/Mika?

Hard to know exactly where I am because I’m doing this one on audio and there are no chapter numbers.

So is this kid what happens when a luxen and a hybrid/human have a baby?..."

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) What I think scares me about them is Daedalus's controlling and brainwashing them.

message 29: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Page 304
(view spoiler)

message 30: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Teri wrote: "Page 304
[spoilers removed]"

I KNOW!!! (view spoiler)

message 31: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Finished. Wow...I don't know what to say
(view spoiler)
I'm ready to to do the next one.

message 32: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Let me know if you all are fittin to read the next one, I've got it from the library and I'm ready!

message 33: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I have the ebook and audio. I will request a buddy read thread. How about next week?

Joanne Ora wrote: "I have the ebook and audio. I will request a buddy read thread. How about next week?"

Sounds good to me. I'm about half done this one.

message 35: by Joanne (last edited Jul 20, 2018 08:44AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joanne Somewhere in Chapter 19

(view spoiler)

message 36: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I really like Archer too!

message 37: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Yes he was a surprise, it’s hard to trust but I’m liking archer a lot

message 38: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) here's the link for Opposition
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Joanne Up to chapter 24
(view spoiler)

message 40: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Joanne wrote: "Up to chapter 24
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Joanne Finished

(view spoiler)

On to the next one!

message 42: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Joanne wrote: "Finished

I feel so confused seeing that Matthew was a traitor. He seemed like such a good character. How is giving up one of your "children" to save the others helping when you could just not give..."

I felt the same way about (view spoiler)

message 43: by Abir (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abir (abirbee) | 582 comments usually I try to avoid series with more than 3 books, because it kinda of looses its appeal, with the twisting and turning, and I was afraid this would happen again.
But I liked the new style, the double POV, Daemon's prespective was a nice change, the new characters, especially Archer, I simplt dig the silent dude. Kinda hot and mysterious.
I can't believe Matthew, I'm still digesting that one.

message 44: by Abir (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abir (abirbee) | 582 comments Teri wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Finished

I feel so confused seeing that Matthew was a traitor. He seemed like such a good character. How is giving up one of your "children" to save the others helping when you coul..."

Can I join the club?!!! Can't believe it.