Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Opal (Lux, #3)
This topic is about Opal
Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > Armentrout, Jennifer L, Opal (Lux #3), Informal Buddy Read, Starts 6 July 2018

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31620 comments Mod

Synopsis
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we've made it through the rough patches, well... There's a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different... And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we're stronger...and they know it.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

~ Buddy Style Reads ~
    Three Ways to Enjoy a Book!
At NRBC we use three styles of buddy reads. These will be indicated in the thread title as “Buddy Read”, “Relaxed Buddy Read” or “Informal Buddy Read”.
A “Buddy Read” has a discussion leader and a reading date is set to start the book. A reading schedule is posted prior to the start date and discussion questions are posted each day regarding that section of the book. More information about these types of reads is below. An example is here, showing a reading schedule here.

A “Relaxed Buddy Read” is similar to our usual “buddy reads” except there are less questions and break points. For example, a book may be split into three sections and those reading the book should pause at the end of the section to answer some discussion questions, make comments, or ask their own questions to other readers. An example is here.

An “Informal Buddy Read” doesn’t have a discussion leader and participants are asked to consider some generic questions when making comments about the book. An example is here.

A “Read and Watch Buddy Read” may be set up as any of the above, but we will also watch the movie or T.V. series - or even go to a play! - and make comparisons, discussing what has been left out or changed as well as the actors and actresses. There is a long debate of what one should do first: read the books or watch the movie? We usually read first, but it isn’t essential. Also, if you would like to join in, but don’t want to watch the movie, show, or play, but only read the books, that is fine, too. An example is here.

MORE UNDER SPOILER
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Joanne I'm in! Team Draco Malfoy

Karishma (karishmanewar) Enjoy!

I'm reading this today but I will love to discuss this when you read it.

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments I'm in too. Team Draco Malfoy (hope we get some other teams)

Teri | 678 comments I'm in Team Tonks!!

Abir (abirbee) | 582 comments I'm so in. Team Filius Flitwick

Teri | 678 comments I'll probably be a bit slow on this one, but I hope to keep up!

message 10: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments I'm going to start today, but we are on the road out of town tomorrow, so I may not post til Monday--hope everyone enjoys! Can't wait to hear thoughts!

Joanne I read the first two chapters this morning but I’ve got a few things today before I can read more so I’m going to post some comments once I get some time to sink my teeth into this book.

message 12: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Page 35
(view spoiler)

Joanne Up to Chapter 5

(view spoiler)

Does anyone else feel like the writing in these books is... just... not that great? I know I'm probably supposed to care about these characters and about Katy and Daemon's relationship, but I honestly don't. And that's not usually a problem I have in books with romance.

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments I am going to be starting this book very soon. Just need to finish up a few more.

Joanne Up to Chapter 17

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Joanne wrote: "Up to Chapter 5

[spoilers removed]

Does anyone else feel like the writing in these books is... just... not that great? I know I'm probably supposed to care about these characters and about Katy a..."

Oh sorry you are not enjoying it much, it feels a little less compelling than the other two, but I think (view spoiler)

message 17: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Joanne wrote: "Up to Chapter 17

They only have 15 minutes to get in and out of the compound that's heavily secured and that they've never been too before. Yeah that should go well... And they better keep a close..."

LOL (view spoiler)

message 18: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Chapter 21
(view spoiler)

message 19: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments chapter 28 page 221

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Abir (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abir (abirbee) | 582 comments I started today, So I'll try to catch up with you guys

Joanne Up to Chapter 25

(view spoiler)

Hoping to finish this one today, so I can start the other buddy read that started the day after this one and that I'm super behind on!

Joanne Abir wrote: "I started today, So I'll try to catch up with you guys"

Yay, Abir!

message 23: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Finished.
I'm stressed out.
(view spoiler)
On to the next!

Joanne I also finished

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Abir (last edited Jul 13, 2018 04:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abir (abirbee) | 582 comments Up till Chapter 9
(view spoiler)

message 26: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I’m rereading this series. I love it. Anyone who is reading this for the first time I would highly recommend reading Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout . I believe it takes the same time as book 4 and will you see the bigger picture of what is going to happen in book 5. When I read it, it made me realize the battle between the Luxon and Arem aren’t as black and white as we are seeing it now.

message 27: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I finished. I definitely enjoyed this book more after reading the e-book Oblivion (Lux, #1.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout with Daemon's POV.

(view spoiler)

Joanne I'll have to look into those ones Ora!

Who's up for the next book? I just started it on audio.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 29: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I started it this morning.

message 30: by Abir (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abir (abirbee) | 582 comments Up to Chapter 21
(view spoiler)

message 31: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Abir wrote: "Up to Chapter 21
[spoilers removed]"

Daemon is spot on with Blake. I got so frustrated with Katy working with him. It’s a shame Katy has to learn for herself.

message 32: by Abir (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abir (abirbee) | 582 comments Ora wrote: "Abir wrote: "Up to Chapter 21
[spoilers removed]"

Daemon is spot on with Blake. I got so frustrated with Katy working with him. It’s a shame Katy has to learn for herself."

I just finished the book and it's a cliffhanger to hell. I know that dipshit was bad news and was gonna sell them. And I have a feeling the Luxen he got out wasn't even the Chris he keeps whining about rescuing. And I can't get over the fact that Kat got that end, although awfull as it is, right smacked in her face. When is that girl gonna learn to listen to her gut feeling and work with it? It's getting on my last nerve.
Now we go to the next torture in the series.

message 33: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I think what really drove me crazy was that she didn't trust Daemon to train her. (view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Joanne wrote: "Up to Chapter 17

They only have 15 minutes to get in and out of the compound that's heavily secured and that they've never been too before. Yeah that should go well... And they better keep a close..."

I was surprised about the Onyx air...

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Abir wrote: "Up till Chapter 9
[spoilers removed]"

Blake is a bad bad boy...

message 36: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Jammin Jenny wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Up to Chapter 17

They only have 15 minutes to get in and out of the compound that's heavily secured and that they've never been too before. Yeah that should go well... And they bett..."

I was too. (view spoiler)