City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) City of Ashes discussion

City of Ashes movie

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katie How will the effects of the changes in the first movie be fixed in the second movie?
How do you think they will do it?

message 2: by NL (new) - rated it 4 stars

NL I have no idea how they will do it, or even if city of ashes is actually going to be released but all I know is that I was annoyed, for gods sake, VALENTINE WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE CUP, NOT CLARY, WTF!!!!!!????

message 3: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam I don't think they really can fix them but can go forward with them. I think they did a good job making the movie but it was as you said altered from the book. It would make it hard to stick to the second book but if they go outside of the books storyline and around what occurs in the book I think it is possible to do it without to much trouble.

message 4: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva I hope they don't make a second movie, because it would butcher the books even more. Unless there are some serious changes in production and direction, then they should just forget City of Ashes. But even then, most of the actors sucked. City of Bones was a terrible movie regardless of its dissimilarity to the book.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood Nimotalai wrote: "I have no idea how they will do it, or even if city of ashes is actually going to be released but all I know is that I was annoyed, for gods sake, VALENTINE WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE CUP, NOT CLARY,..."

Thank you!!!

message 6: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia Zubko DON'T MESS IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tricia Hitchcock Eva wrote: "I hope they don't make a second movie, because it would butcher the books even more. Unless there are some serious changes in production and direction, then they should just forget City of Ashes. B..."

Agreed.

Mealias I wish they'd just reboot it! hahaha ... though, I like the idea of Lily Collins as Clary and Lena Heady as Joycelyn and the guy that played Simon ... the rest were ... meh ... but Jaime C.B. was the worst! he mumbled all his lines ... and call me shallow - but Jace was supposed to be hot - and Jaime is ... well, not.

message 9: by Isabelle (new) - added it

Isabelle Ruthie wrote: "I wish they'd just reboot it! hahaha ... though, I like the idea of Lily Collins as Clary and Lena Heady as Joycelyn and the guy that played Simon ... the rest were ... meh ... but Jaime C.B. was t..."

yeah, I think there were some people that suited the characters really well and some that just didn't...

Jace seemed really different from how I imagined him, I knew he would be different but he just seemed differenter... XD
but I still enjoyed the City of Bones movie a lot:D

Jaida Lapsley I wasn't expecting them to be British... is Idris in the UK?? Also I loved the movie except for the end because I had only read the first book when I watched the movie and it freaking SPOILED Simon being a vampire (that doesn't even happen in that book!!!) AND that Clary and Jace weren't really brother and sister ughhhhh i was so mad I literally walked around the house all day in a daze screaming at the heavens :/

Michelle Jaida wrote: "I wasn't expecting them to be British... is Idris in the UK?? Also I loved the movie except for the end because I had only read the first book when I watched the movie and it freaking SPOILED Simon..."
Idris is in the middle of Europe, so it's acceptable for them to have British accents. Clary and Jace don't find out they aren't siblings until City of Glass, so that's not bad. Where they really messed up was with Clary keeping the cup at the end of the movie. I'm not really sure how they will/would fix that misstep.

Stephanie Plus Hodge's character was played out differently in the movie.

However, they have held off production stating: Due to the wide unpopularity of the first film, the producers have decided to push back production of The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes in order to revamp and reevaluate.

The ppl playing Jace, Clary, Jocelyn and Valentine are all set to be the same and The Inquisitor is listed but that is all in regards to casting at this point.

So I guess only time will tell what will happen. I think they would benefit from revamping the first one and attaching the author to the project.

Francine I actually liked the movie. I never expect a movie to follow a book exactly so that didn't bother me a whole lot. I guess I'm pretty much the only one on here that liked it. lol

Stephanie I liked to the movie to then I read the book. I mean I still like the movie and expected not to follow exactly but for them to change it like they did is different. It's one thing to eliminate a character or part of a story line but they changed events.

That is why the author should always be involved whenever possible.

message 15: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva But even the movie was done badly. The actors seemed distant and the CGI and effects were terrible. It was like a B movie and it shouldn't have been.

message 16: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace I really didn't enjoy the film. I was glad i had read the first three books otherwise i would have been really annoyed. I work in a bookshop and anyone buying the book i told to read the first three before seeing the film. I was very disappointed.

message 17: by Nyx (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nyx I can't wait!!! I know a lot of the fans were not happy with the City of Bones movie, but I loved it 100%

Nancy Movies are never true to the books...so many have come out and didn't really capture the essence of what we all know and love about the book.... Still liked the movie though.... :)

Natalie Francine wrote: "I actually liked the movie. I never expect a movie to follow a book exactly so that didn't bother me a whole lot. I guess I'm pretty much the only one on here that liked it. lol"

Finally someone who agrees!

Cindy I have a theory in how City of Ashes can be fix. Okay so from the movie Clary was left with the cup so I think they can fix it that Clary just miscalculated where the cup will land because in the movie she put it into the portal and told Valentine that only "her true father will know where to find it" and she can just messed up. I don't know if I explained myself well but that's what I thought of how they fix the ending of City of Bones movie.
I really like the movie, love it even though there were some changes but books adaptations are never perfect...aside from Catching Fire...Also the actors were perfect. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM WERE PERFECT! I know there are people out there who will disagree but in my opinion I couldn't have ask for a better cast because they are already are.
I still want a City of Ashes movie and I saw/heard about it in a recent interview with Cassie. She said they're still working on the screenplay which she explained takes about a year and it's usually out the day the 1st movie comes out but since the first script sucked, well yeah.... the script is being rewritten and hopefully Cassie would hear about it soon. If you want evidence of this interview here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6uYF...

AbigailDenyse01 Nimotalai wrote: "I have no idea how they will do it, or even if city of ashes is actually going to be released but all I know is that I was annoyed, for gods sake, VALENTINE WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE CUP, NOT CLARY,..."

I know right! how are they gonna make him get the cup. I think having clary with the cup was a really stupide move it will just make every thing more complicated in the second movie cause he has to get the cup eventually or it won't work!

message 22: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle yagami Just they fucked up the first movie so bad, if they want to at least make the second half decent they will need a complete cast change.