Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about Siege and Storm
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Siege and Storm [Oct 10, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4608 comments Mod
Oct 10th.

Andorion (ruineleint) Tentatively in

Kathrine | 1246 comments I'm in too, if I can get a copy of the book by then. I'm having trouble finding the old edition of the book which matches my copy of Shadow and Bone. Darn those cover changes!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Kathrine wrote: "I'm in too, if I can get a copy of the book by then. I'm having trouble finding the old edition of the book which matches my copy of Shadow and Bone. Darn those cover changes!"

Arghhh same!!

message 5: by Angela Jr. (last edited Sep 15, 2018 12:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Oh but the new covers are so much prettier 😍 i got those, even though they were more expensive, just because they look so much nicer than the old ones 🤗

Kathrine | 1246 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Oh but the new covers are so much prettier 😍 i got those, even though they were more expensive, just because they look so much nicer than the old ones 🤗"

I LOVE the new covers, they are gorgeous! I'm just such a perfectionist hahahaha, I want all my series to match (and also be mass market paperback size so they fit with all my other books and series)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Haha, you would hate my bookshelf! Very few of my series match because i buy most books used and just choose the cheapest ones. All different covers and sizes 😋

Kathrine | 1246 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Haha, you would hate my bookshelf! Very few of my series match because i buy most books used and just choose the cheapest ones. All different covers and sizes 😋"

I think those kinds of shelves def have their charm too! I kinda shuffle between wanting to have really messy, overstuffed shelves and nice, clean shelves hahahaha

Anyway, I think I found a copy of Siege and Storm that's an older version, so I'm in on this BR!

message 9: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie K | 2266 comments I'm going to join you all in this BR as well ^^

Narilka | 3391 comments In :)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Starting this one early instead of too late this time :) I'm going to get into it before bed tonight.

message 12: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5048 comments I'm afraid I'll be late for this one. I don't have the copy yet...

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments I should be roughly on time... 😅

Kathrine | 1246 comments My copies of Siege and Storm and Ruin and Rising both arrived (and they both match my copy of Shadow and Bone!), so I'm definitely joining this

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Starting this one early instead of too late this time :) I'm going to get into it before bed tonight."

This went very well for me! I did start and i got aaaall the way to page 4 😂

message 16: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Angela Jr. wrote: "Starting this one early instead of too late this time :) I'm going to get into it before bed tonight."

This went very well for me! I did start and i got aaaall the way to page 4 😂"

Hahaha, that could've been me! 😂

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 1
(view spoiler)

message 18: by Angela Jr. (last edited Oct 10, 2018 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela Jr. | 995 comments The very end of chapter 8 made me laugh so damn hard!
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Excited to see what he has in store for us.

Narilka | 3391 comments I should starting tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Elinor | 1548 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Chapter 1
[spoilers removed]"

Indeed !
Also things picked up REAL quick ! No need to wait for chapter 15 for trouble this time ;p Well perhaps now it's going to slow down again ^^

Also. I'm doing the Shatter me comparision again ;p so spoilers for this series ! (view spoiler)

message 22: by Siobhan (last edited Oct 11, 2018 12:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments I started tonight and I'm through chapter 3.

Elinor wrote: Also things picked up REAL quick ! No need to wait for chapter 15 for trouble this time ;p

Hahaha this is true! Straight into the action this time.

In fact, (view spoiler) (spoilers through chapter 3!)

Narilka | 3391 comments I'm also 3 chapters in. It feels a tad repetitious though it's moving along quickly. (view spoiler)

message 24: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 3 stars

Timelord Iain | 18097 comments Mod
I'll be along with my thoughts tomorrow or the day after... reading Alcatraz vs the Knights of Crystallia right now, and will be reading this or Prince Caspian after...

Narilka | 3391 comments And I was right. Through CH 6 (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Chapter 1 and 2 (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Through chapter 7. I love (view spoiler)

Andorion (ruineleint) Chapter 7 done.

While it is interesting that Alina (view spoiler)

I love all the new tech being introduced. So far this book is far better than the last one.

Andorion (ruineleint) 18 chapters.

Ugh. I hate this plot device of not telling people things. (view spoiler)

Narilka | 3391 comments Arkadeb wrote: "18 chapters.

Ugh. I hate this plot device of not telling people things. [spoilers removed]"

We are at the same spot and I know what you mean. (view spoiler)

Otherwise, not a lot to comment on other than the very generic, not really a spoiler but tagging anyway, (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments I'm up to chapter 11. (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "The very end of chapter 8 made me laugh so damn hard!
"

Hehehe someone had to 😂
I liked that a lot!

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 13
(view spoiler)

message 34: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Starting tonight, can't wait to open all the spoilers :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 13 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 14 - (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Chapter 13 ..."

(view spoiler)

Narilka | 3391 comments I finished. It was a solid middle book.

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Narilka wrote: "I finished. It was a solid middle book.
"

I just finished too! Totally agree with you.

(view spoiler)

Narilka | 3391 comments Siobhan wrote: "I just finished too! Totally agree with you.

[spoiler removed]"

Ooo great point! (view spoiler)

Andorion (ruineleint) Finished.

Overall I felt that what was otherwise a pretty good story was held back by the immature behavious of Mal and Alina.

I strongly feel that Alina should have focused less on her (view spoiler)

I liked this better than the first book though.

message 41: by Charlie (last edited Oct 15, 2018 06:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments No idea what chapter I'm at but I'm onto page 123/299 of my copy so I reckon I'm about 1/3 of the way through. Seriously loving this so far. Usually I don't love 2nd books in a series where there's a revolt as part of the plot as there's usually lots of tedious travelling and fleeing. This book has surprisingly managed to keep my interest despite all the travelling and fleeing.

Nikolai: (view spoiler)

Mal: (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Arkadeb wrote: "Chapter 7 done. ."

Completely agree. (view spoiler)

Siobhan wrote: "Through chapter 7

Agreed! He has so much personality, it's infectious.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Andorion (ruineleint) Charlie wrote: "Chapter 13 [spoilers removed]"

I would say that 85-95% of the people involved are utter idiots (including Alina).

Kathrine | 1246 comments Charlie wrote: "No idea what chapter I'm at but I'm onto page 123/299 of my copy so I reckon I'm about 1/3 of the way through. Seriously loving this so far. Usually I don't love 2nd books in a series where there's..."

I agree with you about Mal and Nikolai. (view spoiler)

Chapter 14: (view spoiler)

message 46: by Anni (last edited Oct 15, 2018 11:51AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Narilka wrote: "I'm also 3 chapters in. It feels a.. "

Chapter 4: (view spoiler)

message 47: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Through chapter 7. [spoiler].."

I like him as well :) I hope he isn't only there so we can have another love triangle 🙈

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments @Anni

There's definitely something magical about Mal's tracking ability. He's not Grisha but maybe something else?

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 20
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 22
(view spoiler)

« previous 1