What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Literary fiction. Woman is obsessed with family's (cotton?) farm, devastated when grandmother dies and she doesn't inherit the land. Pre-WWI + modern day (granddaughter). Read around 2007-2012. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tziporah (new)

Tziporah | 15 comments The book is about this woman who is obsessed with her family's (cotton?) farm and their land. She is devastated when her grandmother dies and she does not inherit the land. She ends up discovering that there is more to the story, and that her grandmother once had a passionate romance with her husband's best friend (pre-WWI). And because of the land they were not able to have totally happy lives. The granddaughter ends up falling in love with that other guy's grandson and they are able to share the land.

Any help in remembering the title to this book would be really appreciated! Thanks!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
When did you read this? Was it literary fiction, mass market fiction, any genre? Romance, chick lit?

message 3: by Tziporah (new)

Tziporah | 15 comments I read it a few years ago. I think it was literary fiction. Aside from that I can't remember much.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
How long ago was "a few years"? That's a differing amount for everyone.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Tziporah, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Bumping since Tziporah posted recently.

message 7: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4163 comments It looks abandoned to me.

message 8: by Tziporah (new)

Tziporah | 15 comments Never found this book. I posted recently about a different book that I'm also looking for.

message 9: by Ayshe (last edited Dec 01, 2017 05:05AM) (new)

Ayshe | 4163 comments Then how long ago was "a few years"?

message 10: by Tziporah (new)

Tziporah | 15 comments Probably 5-10.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 12: by Tziporah (new)

Tziporah | 15 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking now?"

Yeah, I never found the title. Do you have any suggestions? This question was from a long time ago, but I would be interested if anyone knows! TIA!

message 13: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16953 comments Shiloh Autumn?

Kind of a long shot, but there is a cotton farm. What decade did your book take place in?

message 14: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34457 comments Mod
Tziporah, would you call this an adult (historical) mystery or romance?

What are the story's time periods and location?

I added some details to the header/ topic title. Feel free to edit it.

message 15: by Tziporah (new)

Tziporah | 15 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Shiloh Autumn?

Kind of a long shot, but there is a cotton farm. What decade did your book take place in?"

Thanks, but this isn't it. It's split time between pre-WWI (going to fight is the end of the "grandmother's period") and modern day (granddaughter)

message 16: by Tziporah (new)

Tziporah | 15 comments Kris wrote: "Tziporah, would you call this an adult (historical) mystery or romance?

What are the story's time periods and location?

I added some details to the header/ topic title. Feel free to edit it."

Thanks. It's split time between pre-WWI (going to fight is the end of the "grandmother's period") and modern day (granddaughter)