Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Werewolf Trace
This topic is about The Werewolf Trace
Book Issues > Book assigned to wrong author

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill FromPA (bill_from_pa) | 21 comments This edition of The Werewolf Trace https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23045694-the-werewolf-trace is assigned to the wrong author. The author should be this John Gardner: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8190675.John_Gardner

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23464 comments Done.

message 3: by Meri (last edited Dec 23, 2021 09:50PM) (new)

Meri H. | 1 comments There's more going on with the John Gardner record than just this problem. If you go into the author page for Gardner (the American academic) you find the James Bond add-ons etc by Gardner (the English thriller writer) on the list. Initially, I thought that only the American Gardner had an author record, but then I was clicking around and ended up on the English Gardner's author page via one of the Bond books. Neither page has the usual warning at the top that there are two men by that name, and I'm pretty sure I managed to get to the record for "License Renewed" via one search route and end up on English Gardner's page, then go to the same book via a different route and see the American's bio displayed beside the book info. So their whole combined bibliography appears to be, well, combined... sorta. It really needs to be looked at by someone who understands what's going on.

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22202 comments Meri wrote: "There's more going on with the John Gardner record than just this problem. If you go into the author page for Gardner (the American academic) you find the James Bond add-ons etc by Gardner (the Eng..."

Please don't post in a thread that is years old.
And especially, don't post in a thread that is linked to a specific book or author.

It is always helpful to include link(s) to author page(s) or book(s) when making a request.

When there are multiple authors with the same name, books always have to be manually moved to the right profile. Either by a Librarian who happens to come across them or has a special interest in an author, or through a request from a user here in the Librarian Group.

All that said, I managed to find some books by the Bond-Gardner on the default profile and moved them to his profile.