What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Horror book read in early 2000's. Something is taking over, turning people in a small U.S. town. Mild Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Popy (last edited Jun 21, 2018 03:07PM) (new)

Popy | 2 comments Theres a horror book i read as a child, i don't remember alot from it except two scenes. In one scene there was this woman watching a guy from outside his house through a window and he was just watching static on tv for hours and seemingly masturbating. Then theres a scene where the same woman (i think) gets chased by this swarm of flying glowing bugs and they catch her and swarm all over her - they somehow make her feel aroused but something inside her tells her she will die if she gives in so she escapes.

I don't remember much more, I think the third act is underground (mine shaft or cave) and it becomes Cthulhu like.

The setting was a small usa town i think and the gist is something was taking over / turning the inhabitants.

I think I read this early 2000's (1999 - 2004 would be my best guess)

Any help would be much apreciated , thanks!

message 2: by Scott (new)

message 3: by Popy (new)

Popy | 2 comments Scott wrote: "Firefly?"
It could be, just had a look at some reviews and they depict it as kind of extreme. I don't remember my book being that graphic but I'm going to look into it and let you know if that's the one. Thanks for the reply

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40646 comments Mod
Popy, please add some plot details to your header since thousands of members are also looking for horror.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
I added some plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments “Needful Things?” I don’t remember all of the details but it sounds like it could be that book by Stephen King.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Needful Things by Stephen King - Katie's suggestion

message 8: by Kris (last edited Jul 14, 2018 03:08PM) (new)

Here's the Google Books preview of Needful Things by Stephen King - Katie's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=r7U... There are different cover images.

Here's the Wikipedia summary (with spoilers) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needful...

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Still looking for this?

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments I did a bit of searching around, and came across this book: The Abyss. It appears to involve a small mining town menaced by supernatural forces, so I thought I'd mention it.

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Do you remember anything about the cover?

message 16: by Kris (new)

Note: Popy (OP) was last active in July 2018.

message 18: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40646 comments Mod
Popy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?