Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

2018 Classic Bingo Challenge > Claire’s classics bingo

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (last edited Jun 21, 2018 02:06PM) (new)

Claire  | 19 comments Classic Bingo 2018
Clarifications & Suggestions:

✔️★B1: Written by Nobel Laureate.
Read a book that was written by a Nobel Prize-winning author. List of Nobel Laureates
The Old Man and the Sea The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway Ernest Hemingway
128 p. 15 march 2018 5 stars
✔️★B2: Children’s Classic.
The Magician's Nephew The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis C.S. Lewis
Pages: 318 p.Date read: 13/1/2018 Rating:4 stars
✔️★B3: A Book Banned by a Government. List of Books Banned by Governments
All Quiet on the Western Front All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque Erich Maria Remarque 307 p. 8 may 2018 5 stars
✔️★B4: Classic Made into a Film/TV.
Read a book that has been made into film (movies, TV, video, etc.)
Jane Eyre Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Charlotte Brontë
Pages:507 p. Date read: 29/1/2018 Rating: 4 stars
✔️★B5: Winner of a Foreign Literary Prize.
Read a book that was awarded a literary prize of a country/region other than where you live. Goodreads List of Literary Prizes or Wikipedia List of Literary Prizes
The Good Earth The Good Earth (House of Earth #1) by Pearl S. Buck Pearl S. Buck Pages: 372 p. Date read: 25/1/2018 Rating: 4 stars
✔️★I1: 20th Century Classic:
Read a book published (written) from January 1, 1901 – December 31, 2000)
A Clockwork Orange A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess Anthony Burgess
213 p. 16 march 2018 5 stars
★I2: New-to-You Author:
Read a book by an author whose works you have never read.
✔️★I3: Mystery or Crime Classic:
Read a classic that has been shelved on Goodreads with the specified genre. (Look on the right side of a book’s Goodreads page for its listed genres.)
The Clocks The Clocks (Hercule Poirot, #34) by Agatha Christie Agatha Christie
312 p. 11 march 2018 3 stars
✔️★I4: Classic of More than 500 Pages:
Read any book longer than 500 pages
Au Bonheur des dames Au Bonheur des dames by Émile Zola Émile Zola
534 p. 22 march 2018 4 stars
✔️★I5: 18th Century or Earlier Classic:
Read a book published (written) before 1801.
Gulliver's Travels Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift Jonathan Swift
320 p. 27 march 2018 4 stars

✔️★N1: North American Classic:
Read a classic that is either set in the given geographical area, or is written by an author native to that geographical area. Goodreads Places: Books categorized by setting or Wikipedia: List of Novelists by Nationality
The Awakening by Kate Chopin The Awakening Kate Chopin
195 p. Read:5 march 2018 4 stars
Set in and around New Orleans
✔️★N2: Classic Short Story :
a short story or a collection of short stories.
Three Years Three Years by Anton Chekhov Anton Chekhov
144 p. 27 march 2018 4 stars
★N3: FREE SPACE:
Read any book you like
✔️★N4: Classic Play:
Read a classic play.
Hamlet Hamlet by William Shakespeare William Shakespeare
191 p. 14 march 2018 5 stars
★N5: African Classic:
Read a classic that is either set in the given geographical area, or is written by an author native to that geographical area. Goodreads Places: Books categorized by setting or Wikipedia: List of Novelists by Nationality

✔️★G1: 19th Century Classic:
Read a book published (written) from January 1, 1801 – December 31, 1900)
Frankenstein Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley 208 p. 10 april 2018

✔️★G2: Finest Works of Fiction, (Martin Seymour-Smith & Editors) :
Read a book from the Finest Works of Fiction List
Emma Emma by Jane Austen Jane Austen 514 p. 20 may 2018 4 stars
✔️★G3: Adventure or Action Classic:
Read a classic that has been shelved on Goodreads with the specified genre. (Look on the right side of a book’s Goodreads page for its listed genres.)
The Scarlet Pimpernel The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy Emmuska Orczy Pages:204 p. Date read:19/1/2018 Rating: 4 stars
✔️★G4: Group Read:
Read a book on the Group Shelf that you have not read: Catching Up on Classics Group Shelf--Read and Our Listopia Bookshelf (Vote for your favorites too)
Silas Marner Silas Marner by George Eliot George Eliot
Pages:240 p. Date read: 4/2/2018 4 stars
★G5: 21st Century Potential Classic:
Read a book published from January 1, 2001 – Present that you think will become a classic.

★O1: Literary Prize of Your Country/Region.
Read a book that was awarded a literary prize of the country or region where you live. Goodreads List of Literary Prizes or Wikipedia List of Literary Prizes
✔️★O2: Lesser Known Work by a Famous Author:
Read a lesser know work by classic author
Green Hills of Africa by Ernest Hemingway Green Hills of Africa Ernest Hemingway
Pages: 308 p. Date read: 8/2/2018 Rating:3 stars
Published (first published 1935)
✔️★O3: Australia, Antarctica, or Oceania Classic:
In a German Pension by Katherine Mansfield In a German Pension Katherine Mansfield 189 p. 17 may 2018 4 stars
★O4: A Classic that You Have Put Off Reading:
Read a classic that for some reason or another you have always meant to read, but just haven’t yet.
✔️★O5: Classic by a Female Author.
Read a classic written by a female author
Their Eyes Were Watching God Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston Zora Neale Hurston
Pages: 256 p.Date read:13/1/2018 Rating:5 stars

message 2: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9902 comments Mod
Welcome to the challenge Claire.

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 4211 comments Hi Claire! Love your choices. Their Eyes Were Watching God = SO, so good. So many others here I love: Jane Eyre, Frankenstein, In a German Pension … they all look good! Enjoy your challenge.

message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellamc) Claire, how'd you get those nifty check marks?

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 19 comments Ella wrote: "Claire, how'd you get those nifty check marks?"

On Ipad, but you can also copy/paste

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 19 comments Kathleen wrote: "Hi Claire! Love your choices. Their Eyes Were Watching God = SO, so good. So many others here I love: Jane Eyre, Frankenstein, In a German Pension … they all look good! Enjoy your challenge."

Thank you! And their eyes were watching god is high on my best of the year list!

message 7: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 19 comments Katy wrote: "Welcome to the challenge Claire."

Thank you!

message 8: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellamc) Yet another reason to covet an iPad. Congrats on your progress and thanks for answering my goofy question (I have the messiest GR lists - always trying to fix it.)

message 9: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 1580 comments I see a lot of my favourites on your list, Claire- Their Eyes were Watching God, The Old Man and the Sea, among others.