Blazing Readers & Wordy Writers discussion

Forest Born (The Books of Bayern, #4)
This topic is about Forest Born
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive Buddy Reads > Forest Born - Starting June 21, 2018

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 1797 comments Mod
Blazing Readers: Please post at least four comments related to the book here (spoiler tags preferred) to earn your bonus points.

Rin has always been a quiet, helpful girl, but a secret has been eating away at her, and the solace Rin once could find among the tall trees surrounding her forest home has vanished. When she leaves home to join her older brother in the city, she finds intriguing answers to her questions, an adventure she doesn't expect, and a sense of self she never thought she would find.

message 2: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

35% through!

Rin is super interesting, partially because you pretty much know nothing about her before this book, and partially because she's always trying to mimic other people's personalities. It's very interesting! Did I say interesting enough?

message 3: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

72% through!

I'm thoroughly enjoying this book. Rin is such a good character. (view spoiler)

I don't have much to say here because I need to go read more because it's super good right now. xD I can't wait to find out what happens next!!

message 4: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coralie (corkybookworm) | 1249 comments Mod
Oops, forgot to subscribe to the post and so am just now getting to the messages XD

message 5: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (last edited Jun 29, 2018 12:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Catherine wrote: "35% through!

Rin is super interesting, partially because you pretty much know nothing about her before this book, and partially because she's always trying to mimic other people's personalities. ..."

Yes, I love digging into Rin! I love the mimicing and the conflict she has. I love how she questions the world around her like...am I the problem or does everyone else feel this way and just keep it on the down low? And I LOVE how she is with Tusken! I love that she's so good with kids and so protective of him!

I thought the (view spoiler)

Oh! And, I'm not that far along yet, but I remembered that spoiler! It was one of the big ones that stuck with me! And, reading it this go around, you're right, it's so obvious! But I never guessed it the first time. It's part of why I love the fourth book so much. Everything does tie in so well together!! Hale is a master!

Oh! And and and!!! Did you notice we have sections again?! YAS! <3

Plus, that cover is sooooo pretttttyyyy!!

message 6: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (last edited Jun 29, 2018 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Exactly! And, yeah! I love how she is with Tusken!

(view spoiler)

I'm glad I didn't spoiler you. xD

I did notice! And I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned the third book was missing them. xD

Oh! Wow! That cover is gorgeous! The Ebook I have is under this cover:
Forest Born (The Books of Bayern, #4) by Shannon Hale

message 7: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Catherine wrote: "Exactly! And, yeah! I love how she is with Tusken!

[spoilers removed]

I did notice! And I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned the third book ..."

Nah, there's an even bigger spoiler coming up! I won't tell! But it makes this entire book like...AMAZING! XD

You know, I think this is the first time I have EVER liked new covers for an older series. Not gonna say I like them more, but I'm not abhorred by them.

Oh, yes, that description was like honey to my soul. Beautiful!!

Ah I love this book! Man, I'm seeing similarities between Rin and Razo. I mean, she's trying so hard to be like Isi and keeps saying she feels useless and not good. Razo felt useless too.

message 8: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh, wait. I think you already passed the big spoiler...Ch. 14? DON'T read til you pass Ch. 14!!!!(view spoiler)

message 9: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Another recurring theme here is love. What is love? Can it be earned? Can it be lost? Rin is riddled with fear that she is rotten and cannot be loved as she truly is, that she will do something that will lose her mother's love. It breaks my heart to see her hurt so much.

True love cannot be lost. True love isn't something you barter for or horde. It's given freely, without expectation for anything in return. It's not something you can ever be so vile as to lose.

message 10: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh my gosh. *tears* *happy dance* *heart melts into a puddle* I adore this book. Ch. 19 is...life. Like, awwww! My absolute favorite relationship is the bro/sis, especially the big bro/little sis, so their whole discussion just melts my insides!! I love how (view spoiler) Just, ugh, so much love for this book!!!!

message 11: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coralie wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Exactly! And, yeah! I love how she is with Tusken!

[spoilers removed]

I did notice! And I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mention..."

Yeah. I find it very interesting how in book 3 Razo mentions he calls Enna Enna-girl because she reminds him of Rin, who he calls Rinna-girl. They're so different! Their names sound similar, though. xD

message 12: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coralie wrote: "Oh, wait. I think you already passed the big spoiler...Ch. 14? DON'T read til you pass Ch. 14!!!![spoilers removed]"

Yes! Oh, gosh, that was HUGE! That's part of what I meant when I said that Shannon Hale ties everything together so neatly. Just WOW! That was a shocker!

message 13: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coralie wrote: "Another recurring theme here is love. What is love? Can it be earned? Can it be lost? Rin is riddled with fear that she is rotten and cannot be loved as she truly is, that she will do something tha..."

Mm, yes, definitely. A big part of the story is Rin discovering and accepting herself.

message 14: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coralie wrote: "Oh my gosh. *tears* *happy dance* *heart melts into a puddle* I adore this book. Ch. 19 is...life. Like, awwww! My absolute favorite relationship is the bro/sis, especially the big bro/little sis, ..."

Yes! Every relationship in these books is very meaningful. A theme of the books seems to me to be how we need connections and relationships with people. We weren't made to be solitary creatures, but to be connected. Love is our nature.

message 15: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished the book! ^.^ Thank you for reading it with me! It was excellent. We've discussed pretty much all my thoughts, but I'll let you know if I think of something else.

message 16: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ooh!! I'm not quite done yet, but will soon. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! 😊 And I totally agree. Relationships are vital!!

message 17: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh, gosh, I forgot to tell you. We're leaving for ANOTHER trip tomorrow (to Kansas) and I won't be on GR Mon.-Fri. So I can either respond to anything else you have to say Saturday, or we can email about it. Sorry!

message 18: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

No worries! Have fun and safe travels!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Forest Born (other topics)