Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > September 2018 FBR Book Club Nominations!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (last edited Jun 21, 2018 11:48AM) (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7557 comments Mod
Here are Silvana's Nominations for September 2018 Book Club:

Moving Pictures (Discworld, #10; Industrial Revolution, #1) by Terry Pratchett The Player of Games (Culture, #2) by Iain M. Banks Deathless (Leningrad Diptych, #1) by Catherynne M. Valente The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson Swords and Deviltry (Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, #1) by Fritz Leiber

Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett - funny fantasy/satire

The Player of Games by Iain M. Banks - space opera (part of a series but works as a stand alone, in fact everyone recommends to read this one first)

Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente - fairy tale based fantasy (already become a scheduled BR)

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson - classic horror

Swords and Deviltry by Fritz Leiber - monumental work of fantasy

Here's the Poll: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

May the best book win! :)

Thanks, Silvana, for your nominations!! :)

message 2: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments thanks Niki!

All those (hopefully diverse) books are under 400 pages so hopefully some of you still can squeeze it into your already packed BR calendars :)

message 3: by Miche (last edited Jun 22, 2018 06:28AM) (new)

Miche | 3175 comments Great choices, Silvana!

I voted for The Player of Games. :)

message 4: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Agreed :) You really chose a lot of different books, Silvana :) and most of them I have never heard of before.

message 5: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Thank you, girls. Three of them are considered classic/seminal in their subgenre - especially Lieber's - and I would love to read those with FBR members.