What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Paranormal Romance parents missing or dead, has older brother, crush on older brother's best friends. newly discovered powers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Lewis (rather_be_reading) | 8 comments I read this book in 2013.
I want to say this was a purple paperback. I know that this was a series, however I only read the first one.
From what I can remember the main character is a girl and either her parents are gone or dead, and she is living at their home by herself. She has an older brother who no longer lives at home. The girl has been alone for awhile when she hears voices and/or sees shadows. Not 100% sure on this part, but they seem to come from a strange box in the house. The older brother's best friend randomly shows up one day to check in on her I think. I forget if she tells him or if he witnesses it either way he is not surprised by the existence of the paranormal and then teaches her about it. She learns her brother and parents also are aware of all of this. I think whatever is in the home is dangerous and so they leave.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jul 11, 2018 04:45PM) (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Jessica, does brother's best friend have paranormal abilities and is she attracted to him? Does she have special abilities?

Do all the strange events happen in her house?

What's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town)?

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Lewis (rather_be_reading) | 8 comments I think he had abilities and if not he was at least of aware of the paranormal. Yes she was attracted to him.
It was modern times and I want to say that it was a city and they lived in an apartment, however I could be wrong.

message 4: by Jessica (last edited Jul 11, 2018 04:50PM) (new)

Jessica Lewis (rather_be_reading) | 8 comments Sorry didn’t see this part;
I think her abilities that she discovered were that she could see or communicate with the paranormal.
I think the activity that occurred in her home was that she was hearing strange noises and/or saw "shadows". I don't recall her having any strange vents happen outside of her house, however I know they did originate there at the very least.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
How old is the girl? Does she work or is she a high school or college student?

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Lewis (rather_be_reading) | 8 comments High school student

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Jessica, are you still looking for this or did you find it?