Finale (Caraval, #3) Finale discussion

Let's talk about Legend

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A (new) - added it

A Hagan That ending was amazing, Now let's talk about Legend's role in Finale. (view spoiler)

Zainab I think the wole tragedy thing was just Legend breaking Tella's heart and leaving her without a goodbye, cause in the end of Legendary she was like, I'm going to make him regret this.

But I wonder who's POV it's going to be from? I hope it's Legends.

message 3: by A (last edited Jul 02, 2018 02:31PM) (new) - added it

A Hagan I wish it was, but it's from the POV of both sisters.

(view spoiler)
Is she going to work with Jacks or against him? He is a Fate, but he's also a way to annoy Legend and take him down and make him pay.

Leona Volpe A wrote: "I wish it was, but it's from the POV of both sisters.

[spoilers removed]
Is she going to work with Jacks or against him? He is a Fate, but he's also a way to annoy Legend and take him down and m..."

Strangely enough, Legendary made me not like Dante so much. And much more like the Prince of Hearts, who looked so much more human than Dante ... I do not know, maybe I liked Legend better when I did not know who he was.

And I hoped it was Armando (He was perfect ... ahhh! Damn it)

So, I hope, with all my heart that Tella works against Legend! THERE IS

Jacks Forever <3 That end broke my heart.

message 5: by WinterRose (last edited Mar 07, 2019 08:58AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

WinterRose I neeeed to talk theories. This is an old thread but I'm salvaging it, haha.

Personally, Dante was both too predictable and too unexpected as Legend? I know that probably doesn't make sense, but that's exactly how I feel. I guess my problem is Dante acted like a typical 18 year old guy. Not an immortal character. We've seen "Dante's" a thousand times in YA.

So if "Dante" was a character Legend was playing, then I'll be okay with it. But if Legend is literally the same personality and acts the same as Dante then...ugh. I still find it hard to believe that Legend, this infamous magical leader, does nothing more than chase after Tella and play the broody guy. It's so...disappointing.

Jacks would have been more convincing as Legend. Hell Caspar was more convincing in book 1.

Rooting for Jacks though. He and Tella felt more real and interesting and less cliche/tropey.

Leona Volpe WinterRose wrote: "I neeeed to talk theories. This is an old thread but I'm salvaging it, haha.

Personally, Dante was both too predictable and too unexpected as Legend? I know that probably doesn't make sense, but t..."

YES! Dante is just a teen boy being, well... creepy. He have been concepted to be that pretty boy that have a interest in a girl for the sake of the story, like Morpheus from Splintered, and Mal from Grishaverse. I just couldn´t believe he was Legend! I don´t like him at all. Jacks was so much better.

Hey girl, have you see that theory where, instead of Tella, Scarlet is Jack´s true love? (I dind´t like it very much, but knowing Ms. Garber aka the queen of plotwist, this may happen)

message 7: by WinterRose (last edited Mar 09, 2019 09:18AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

WinterRose Exactly. Every time he showed up I was annoyed. Admittedly I thought Julian (and Scarlett) was super boring, but with agreeing from the get go to go through the game with Scarlett, it worked better than Dante randomly showing up when it was convenient.

Ugh, I did see that theory. Honestly I'll be so disappointed because like I mentioned, Scarlett is blah for me. But what makes me think it won't happen are just a few things.

What would be the point of Scarlett having romance with Julian in book 1 and even book 2? With Tella having romance with Jacks in book 2? It seems really wonky for Scarlett to have a fiance, then meet Julian and he becomes the love interest, only for her to end up with another guy. lol Maybe if this was a longer, fully fleshed series, but it's a trilogy, and shorter books at that. The only way this would work is if the count is really Jacks.

Even so, it's still weird for me considering Tella and Jacks's chemistry and growth in book 2, along with the final scene with her taunting him about loving her, and how soft he acted toward her. With a trilogy, it just seems too late for Scarlett and Jacks, given their little interaction/development especially when Tella had development with Jacks.

Plus it still kinda leaves Julian high and dry, unless he dies to save Scarlett or Legend.

The other thing is Stephanie did an interview (I read it on her instagram) recently where she said she may have went back and forth on who Tella should end up with. (Meaning Jacks and Dante, I'm sure.) If she was planning Jacks/Scarlett, I don't think she'd be debating Tella's romance.

So I guess my theory is the only way Jacks will end up with Scarlett is if he's the count, and Julian dies. (Like poor Scarlett, literally all three guys have gotten frisky with Tella lmao how awkward.) But I still don't see that working, considering the development on page between Tella and Jacks. It's just weird.

Leona Volpe The other thing is Stephanie did an interview (I read it on her instagram) recently where she said she may have went back and forth on who Tella should end up with.

Im dying here. I dind´t saw this! OMG, I really hopes its Jacks. She posted once a page where he was quoted, and said something like: I really wanna know if you will enjoy Jacks in Finale.

Im almost creating a fan clube for Jacks hahah

WinterRose Me too! I wish he was Legend too. It would have made so much more sense.

Leona Volpe @WinterRose I'm very curious about our opinion about Finale. Im so completely disappointed with this book.

WinterRose Vanessa wrote: "@WinterRose I'm very curious about our opinion about Finale. Im so completely disappointed with this book."

I was disappointed too. :/ I mean the best part was Jacks, and he got shafted. Everyone else was really annoying and childish. The Fates, which was a cool concept, didn't really get to do much. It's like there were a lot of interesting concepts that didn't go anywhere.

We know Garber didn't know she was writing this book until after she wrote book 2. And unfortunately it shows. Now that she has groundwork done, I do think any spinoff she does will probably be better because they'll likely offer her 2 or 3 books off the bat, so she can properly plot. As it was, this book's plot was really all over the place. :/