Audiobooks discussion

Audiobooks in the News > Audiobooks Stats for 2018 in the US

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 473 comments Stuff we all know, but quantified.

https://goodereader.com/blog/audioboo...

message 2: by Penelope (new)

Penelope | 77 comments Grumpus wrote: "Stuff we all know, but quantified.

https://goodereader.com/blog/audioboo..."

Great article, very encouraging for prospects of continued new high quality audio books. Thanks for posting this!

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla  (carlathompson) | 1 comments Michael,
I was sad to read your blog post. You never mentioned those of us who are blind, visually impaired or who have a physical disability that prevents us from holding a book or e-reader. I personally pay for several books a month. In addition to receiving free matter from the Library of Congress. Many of these free books are first commercially produced recordings. Many of us will gladly pay for a book from a beloved author or narrator. You only mention sighted readers in your blog, only crediting the increase of audio book sales to those people. Let me assure you Michael, we have been here longer and will continue to be here when and if the sighted community finds another way of reading a book. I am married, have a family and am the only blind person in my circle of friends and family. Books are my favorite gifts to buy for loved ones. I buy everything from hard backs, paper backs and e books. That means I as a blind person, contribute to the sales figures of a book I am not consuming. Michael, please open your eyes to those of us who really do contribute to a growing industry, not just to the popular kids.

Carla jo
Have I got a Story for you? Read all about it at www.theblindperspective.com

message 4: by Specs (new)

Specs Bunny (specsbunny) | 445 comments Thanks for sharing this, Grumpus!

And well put, Carla. Thank you, too.