Live, Laugh & Love Books discussion

Fifty Shades > The Movie

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lura, The One Who Loves to Write (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 1475 comments Mod
Discuss the upcoming Fifty Shades of Grey movie!

message 2: by Iesha (In east shade house at...) (last edited Aug 01, 2014 07:19PM) (new)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 140 comments Personally I don't think there should be a movie for this book. They always do this! Whenever a popular book comes out they want to make a movie that just doesn't match up to the book, but this is my own personal opinion. My reason for not agreeing that there should be a movie is because Fifty Shades of Grey is an erotica book, made to be read by the imagination. I'm have no plans on seeing the movie, because of my opinion, maybe in years to come I will watch it, but right now I don't think so.

message 3: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 66 comments I have 2 conflicting points.

1. Since it's erotica I was (and still am) concerned that they will not be able to deliver the story in a way that will be true to the content since so much of it is mature. They'll have to censor a bunch to meet the R rating in order to make money and that will just detract from the book itself.

2. Point 1 being said, I watched the trailer and it looked quite sexy. I was expecting it to feel seedy but it felt classy. I just really want to comb Ana's hair. She looked so unkempt. I find it hard to believe that someone would show up to interview a successful businessman looking so disheveled.