Live, Laugh & Love Books discussion

Fifty Shades > Fifty Shades of Grey

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lura, The One Who Loves to Write (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 1475 comments Mod
Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 140 comments I have not posted my written review for this book, but I did rate it between three to five stars, I forgot which. I thought the book was pretty good. Story wide, the book would have been decent without some of the explicit scenes. Maybe add to Anastasia characters a little, she kind of annoyed me a bit. The erotic scenes were so-so for me.

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 122 comments Generally good premise but poorly written. I didn't realize that I had not added it to my read shelves. For me it was a 3 out of 5.

message 4: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 66 comments Ana annoyed me. But considering that Bella annoy me too and she was supposedly a fan fiction representative of Bella, I suppose it was to be expected. Throughout the series I kept hoping Christian and her friend would get together. I found them more interesting.

message 5: by Iesha (In east shade house at...) (last edited Aug 01, 2014 07:24PM) (new)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 140 comments Blah! No way. Christian and Ann`s friend would have NEVER worked out. The two are waaaay too much alike. In terms of relationships, Him and Ann are a better match.

message 6: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 66 comments Ana never stood up to him. She practically lost herself in him. Every time she disagreed with him he would shag her into submission and she'd forget what she wanted. That doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 140 comments Yes, that's the part that annoyed me too(With is why I suggested characters improvement) , but she commented him whereas Her friend would have only ended up like one of Christian`s other partners. They would not have worked out, not even from the start.

message 8: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 66 comments That's just it, I'm not sure her friend would have stood for such treatment. She was way too opinionated and driven. Their relationship would have been more interesting.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 140 comments But it wouldn't have last, unlike his relationship with Anastasia. Besides, Christian wasn't even attracted to her friend, I wish I knew her name. He admired her because she showed aspect of his own personality but he didn't hold no love interest like he did with Anastasia.

message 10: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 66 comments I'm not saying they were attracted to each other or even that it would have lasted. Just that she was less submissive so it would have been more interesting. Ana fit the mold of what he liked so she was easy to control.