What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Mystery about 4-5 kids of varying backgrounds who get tricked into staying at their middle school (spoilers in comments)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devlin (new)

Devlin | 1 comments It's been a while since I've read this so some of the details might be a little off.

Like the topic states, it's about 4-5 kids, one who's an athlete and can do a 4 minute mile, a rich kid that has an accent, an immigrant from India who loves Bollywood and hamburgers, a gamer/nerd who went through puberty overnight who gets mistaken for an athlete and likes puzzles, and there might've been a rebel who tagged the school.

They get tricked into staying at their middle school. (Forget how) While there, they stay in the basement where they get blood drawn by the school nurse, who at least half of them love, and visited by the gym teacher, the principal, and the nurse several times. After this, they break out by using clues the nurse left (view spoiler) There's a pep rally where one of them disguises as a girl with test answers, and rides away on a motorcycle (?) At least two of them get afflicted while trying to save their classmates, and they find out that it was spread through water (view spoiler)

I read this book about 4-7 years ago in middle school. It wasn't that old then, and takes place in America in the modern day. It had a similar spirit to I Funny by James Patterson. There were point of view changes.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36568 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Dweeb: Burgers, Beasts, and Brainwashed Bullies by Aaron Starmer - Ayshe's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=JGo... There are different cover images.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Devlin, are you still looking for this or did you find it?