Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Beta Swap for an 120k NA epic fantasy novel

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brehonna (new)

Brehonna (ebfranklin) | 3 comments Hello everyone! I’ve finished editing a NA epic fantasy novel and I’m looking for 2 beta readers to start. Because of its length (120k), I wanted to give the first 3 chapters before I do a full swap.
Somethings I’d like to know first are:
1. Did the story hold your interest? If not, why?
2. Did you get a good feel for the setting? If not, why?
3. Could you relate/understand the characters?
4. Any lagging parts? Pacing issues?
5. Were you confused at any point? For any reason?

Any additional concerns you’re more than free to mention.

Would love to swap for any fantasy, science fiction, horror or ya.

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya Lemaire (mayalemaire) | 8 comments I'd love to know more on what it's about.

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Chang | 7 comments Hello! I'm nearly done with my final YA fantasy novel of 109k words. I'd love to swap a few chapters if you're still looking for a critique. Let me know!

Jasmine

message 4: by W.D. (new)

W.D. Visalli | 35 comments I'd be up for a swap. I have a YA Urban Fantasy 80K words. Let me know if you're still looking or interested.

message 5: by Rose (new)

Rose | 22 comments I have a 143K NA fantasy that I'm looking for readers for if you're still looking for swaps we can exchange our first few chapters and see how it goes.

message 6: by W.D. (new)

W.D. Visalli | 35 comments I’d be happy to. The best way for me is through google docs. Just PM me the link to yours and I’ll share mine.

Just as an FYI my wife and I are expecting a new baby within the next couple weeks so my replies might be slow but I’ll make time as best I can.

Thanks!

message 7: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 25 comments Hi! I'd be happy to do a swap (after testing the first few chapters for fit, as suggested). Mine is a "low" fantasy novel (no active magic) of 165k.

If anyone in this thread might be interested, please PM me or send me an email at bobriviera79@gmail.com

Thanks!

message 8: by Chuck (new)

Chuck (cwanager77) | 5 comments Sounds interesting.