What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > I believe it's a romance novel. A married woman meets a man ( i think he is married as well) in Maine on a mini getaway she was having. They have an affair

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanisha (new)

Tanisha | 4 comments I read this book back in 2008, so published anytime before that. Book was a soft cover with the image of the ocean and a dock or road i believe.. Author is a woman.

Plot: Woman is having a mini getaway, I think to get a break from her real life. Maybe him or her where at this location because it was work related. They continue on with an affair and meet up all the time at this hotel or maybe a cafe by the ocean. They contemplate if they should continue seeing each other.

message 2: by Jo (last edited Jun 22, 2018 08:36AM) (new)

Jo | 160 comments Hi Tanisha ... this book is by a man so might not be yours. I don’t know what the cover is like because I read it on a Kindle. Anyway here goes for my suggestion ... Five Days

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo | 160 comments Ah also Five Days was published in 2013 ...

message 4: by Tanisha (new)

Tanisha | 4 comments hey jo, that book is very close but not it.. mine was based entirely in Maine. The whole was plot was them meeting secretly in this location, and the woman fighting with what's right or wrong. The book ended with the man asking her to meet in their spot one last time if she wanted to run away with him.

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo | 160 comments Ah sorry lovey ... hope you find your book!

message 6: by Tanisha (new)

Tanisha | 4 comments thank you jo!

message 7: by Kris (last edited Jul 13, 2018 08:10AM) (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Tanisha, what's the time period of the story?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - their jobs/skills/interests (incl. her husband), how frequently they meet, love/hate at first sight, is he married, do they have kids, was her husband faithful, etc.?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, somber, funny at times, etc.?

message 8: by Tanisha (new)

Tanisha | 4 comments Hmm i dont remember their jobs. They met maybe once a week or month. They didnt hate each other at first they just genuinely enjoyed each other..they just clicked. Time period was maybe set maybe 90s or so. The tone for me was maybe guilt, secretive but exciting and blissful. Im going to have to keep thinking about this and see if i can remember more.

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Was her husband a workaholic, away from home a lot, sick at home, abusive, etc.? Does she have children at home?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Tanisha, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Five Days (other topics)