What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Debut novel, possibly made into movie. Woman forced to marry the man she loves. Chapters alternate between the past and present. Cover is orange(?). "The Girl"(?) in title.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AJ (new)

AJ Walker | 1 comments I read a book about a year ago that I forgot to put in to goodreads. I am hoping someone can help me. I believe it is being made into a movie, but not sure. It was the author's first book I am pretty sure. It is about a woman who was forced into marriage, but loves the man. Each chapter you go from past to present back to the past again. I believe the cover was orange. My friend originally picked it up at the airport and passed on to me. Any help would be so appreciated! Think "The Girl" is in the title but not sure

Thank you!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6965 comments Mod
AJ please put some descriptor into your thread title. Many if not most of our members (except for us mods, but everyone knows that if you are a mod you are definitely OCD) only check out threads that are in their chosen genres. This means if your thread doesn't say, "Genre XXYYZZ, about a purple alien and his human pet. Read 5 years ago." they aren't going to check it out. This is especially true of threads that do not follow the rules of our group. See the yellow box on the side of the comment section (except when you are in the app) which is a mini-me of the directions for using the group.

Is the author male or female? When is it set--contemporary, historical--and if historical when is it set--the 60's, 50's, WWII, Roaring 20's, Depression, WWI, Victorian times, Regency, Georgian, Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt. What genre is it--romance, literary, mystery? Where is it set--country, small town, big town, small city, big city, megalopolis? What country is it set in--U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, N.Z, German, France, Italy?

If you have Spoiler type memories, feel free to post them as well. This group encourages the use of spoilers as many times it's those spoilers that get the book found. If you are still worried about them, the put an announcement in the thread (again, only on computer, the app doesn't allow this) that says SPOILERS below. Then you can type SPOILER and hit the enter key 5 or 6 times and put in your spoiler. Again, preface it here with the word SPOILER again. That way people have been warned to read at their own discretion. OR you can use the HTML spoiler hider. (view spoiler) Unfortunately, yet again--can only be done with the computer version, as, (yep, you guessed it) it can't be done in the app. And yes, we've complained for years about how badly the app needs to be brought up to date. We are met (lately) with the somewhat vague reply of, "Well, we are working on it."

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jun 21, 2018 08:43AM) (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
AJ, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
How is the heroine forced into marriage and for what reason? (Spoilers are okay - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

How far into the past (e.g., their childhood memories, when they first met as adults)?

What's the genre or tone - contemporary or historical romance, angsty, steamy/clean, funny at times, somber, etc.?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40689 comments Mod
AJ, are you still looking for this or did you find it?