Play Book Tag discussion

June 2018: Magical Realism > The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - 3.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraash) | 25 comments This was a very interesting book. It is about this little boy and this group of women who live down the lane. Even after finishing this book I'm still not sure what these women are. They've existed for hundreds of years and I dont think their witches, but they are deffintely magical.The plot wasn't exactly my cup of tea and there were a few points I was completely uninterested in what was happening, but I absolutely adore Neil Gaiman's writing. He was able to make the characters leap of the page and everything felt so real. Its been a long time since I read anything by Neil Gaiman, and I'd forgotten just how enjoyable his works are.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments This was my first and most favourite Gaiman.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9334 comments I was left sort of rather baffled and frightened. Read it recently in fact, and it was my first one of us are this author as well.

message 4: by Hebah (new)

Hebah (quietdissident) | 675 comments I should give this one another try. I remember being a bit underwhelmed by it when I read it, but he's a favorite author, and I feel like I should give it another chance in case it was just my mood when I read it.