Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Beta/Editor with a degree in English - Affordable

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linmee (last edited Jul 21, 2018 07:51AM) (new)

Linmee | 14 comments Hi!

I am a former English teacher and a freelance editor, proofreader, and writer.

Send me your work, and I'll help you polish your novel.

With my beta-read service, you'll receive my page-by-page thoughts as I read your work. I will give you my impressions, predictions, and feelings.

This is a positive/constructive beta read. The "positive" read will highlight your well-written areas and analyze the elements that will keep your reader engaged. I will also give your manuscript a "constructive" analysis of areas I feel fall short or are weaker. I'll tell you when I feel something doesn't work or doesn't feel believable. This service is $1.00 per page.

If you purchase a beta read, you can also have a general proofread for an additional .25 cents per page, I'll point out some of your obvious issues with grammar and phrasing so that you can learn to recognize these errors for yourself as you write. This add-on is not a full grammar edit. It is for those who are looking for a grammar buddy and not the grammar police.

Next, I'm offering a full-edit of your manuscript, whether finished or partial. With this service, you will receive a line-by-line proofread. I will point out grammar issues, spelling errors, awkward phrases, and other common writing mistakes. Please note, this service is not a beta read. Although, I may make comments about the story as I read along, the purpose of this service is to polish the essential mechanics of your writing, not the thoughts behind your plot, characters or story. This offer is priced at $2.00 per page. It is intensive.

When submitting your manuscript, please be sure to DBL space the text, format margins to 1" standard, and use Courier New 12 pt font.

I don't accept erotica manuscripts.

If interested, please message me here on goodreads, and specify which service you are seeking. Include the word and page count of your work, the genre, and the reader age group. If we agree to work together, I will email you with an estimated cost and approximate date to begin.

I'd love to help you with your manuscript!

Linsay

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Antonia | 8 comments Linsay was awesome! She was very thorough, and pointed out the good along with the trouble spots in the MS. I found the turn-around was quick. I definitely enjoyed working with her and would recommend her.

message 3: by L.C. (last edited Jun 22, 2018 07:50PM) (new)

L.C. Lee | 15 comments Linsay

I didn't see you email address
I have a 86k Historical fiction and would like to get your input.
I can give you the synopsis when you tag me at author.lclee@gmail.com IMANAUTHOR

message 4: by Linmee (new)

Linmee | 14 comments L.C.Lee wrote: "Linsay

I didn't see you email address
I have a 86k Historical fiction and would like to get your input.
I can give you the synopsis when you tag me at author.lclee@gmail.com IMANAUTHOR"

Hi, L.C.,

I've emailed you. Thank you!

message 5: by James (new)

James Wright (savageresolve) | 4 comments Wow is all I can say. I received substantially more than I expected. The work by Linsay was fantastic. The comments, edits, suggestions, and grammar help were above and beyond. The tips and ideas to help the story flow were spot on. Timing was just as promised (even a little early). Do yourself a favor and reserve your time with her now. My book will be much better because of her work. Thank You!

message 6: by Linmee (new)

Linmee | 14 comments Maria wrote: "Linsay was awesome! She was very thorough, and pointed out the good along with the trouble spots in the MS. I found the turn-around was quick. I definitely enjoyed working with her and would recomm..."

Thank you, Maria! Your manuscript was a pleasure to read, and I look forward to working with you again in the future. :)

message 7: by Linmee (new)

Linmee | 14 comments I am a former English teacher and a freelance editor, proofreader, and writer.

Send me your work, and I'll help you polish your novel.

With my beta-read service, you'll receive my page-by-page thoughts as I read your work. I will give you my impressions, predictions, and feelings.

This is a positive/constructive beta read. The "positive" read will highlight your well-written areas and analyze the elements that will keep your reader engaged. I will also give your manuscript a "constructive" analysis of areas I feel fall short or are weaker. I'll tell you when I feel something doesn't work or doesn't feel believable. This service is $1.00 per page.

If you purchase a beta read, you can also have a general proofread for an additional .25 cents per page, I'll point out some of your obvious issues with grammar and phrasing so that you can learn to recognize these errors for yourself as you write. This add-on is not a full grammar edit. It is for those who are looking for a grammar buddy and not the grammar police.

Next, I'm offering a full-edit of your manuscript, whether finished or partial. With this service, you will receive a line-by-line proofread. I will point out grammar issues, spelling errors, awkward phrases, and other common writing mistakes. Please note, this service is not a beta read. Although, I may make comments about the story as I read along, the purpose of this service is to polish the essential mechanics of your writing, not the thoughts behind your plot, characters or story. This offer is priced at $2.00 per page. It is intensive.

When submitting your manuscript, please be sure to DBL space the text, format margins to 1" standard, and use Courier New 12 pt font.

I don't accept erotica manuscripts.

If interested, please message me here on goodreads, and specify which service you are seeking. Include the word and page count of your work, the genre, and the reader age group. If we agree to work together, I will email you with an estimated cost and approximate date to begin.

I'd love to help you with your manuscript!

Linsay