Great American Read List discussion

Reading and Associated Themes > Book-Scented Candles

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lavan, moderator (last edited Jul 03, 2018 07:17AM) (new)

Lavan Zerach | 498 comments Mod
I have thought to myself on more than one occasion—'I wish there was a book-scented candle. I would buy that.'
Parker's comment "I love books—the smell of a new book is my favourite perfume" in the discussion Print vs. Ebook vs. Audiobook—What's Your Preference? motivated me to do a Google search.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that there are not only book-scented candles, but perfume and sprays as well. I for one would be thrilled to receive such as a gift! I think family and friends of members whom share our passion for reading would enjoy them too.

ebookfriendly.com's article 30 Book-Scented Perfumes and Candles can be found—HERE

If anyone has a book-scented candle or similar, let us know which and how you like it, please!

message 2: by Lavan, moderator (last edited Jun 28, 2018 05:45PM) (new)

I have my eye on Pages' New Book candle. Planning to buy it in autumn. I'll be sure to let everyone know how I like it!

message 3: by Lavan, moderator (last edited Jun 28, 2018 06:00PM) (new)

Loretta wrote: "Lavan wrote: "Loretta wrote: "Lavan wrote: "I have thought to myself on more than one occasion—'I wish there was a book-scented candle. I would buy that.'
Parker's comment "I love books—the smell o..."

I'm very sorry to hear that!
The three candles I burn most often are cranberry chutney, peppermint bark, and spiced pumpkin (all Yankee Candle). I am sensitive to certain fragrances (I get headaches too), but I can usually tolerate food-type scents well.

message 4: by Andrew, moderator (new)

Andrew (andyhuey) | 332 comments Mod
I stumbled across this Jane Austen themed candle recently and thought of this thread.

It's definitely not the kind of thing I'd ever spend $17 on, but it is kind of amusing and creative, I guess.

message 5: by Tasha (new)

Tasha That's a really fun candle. :)

message 6: by Lavan, moderator (new)

Andrew wrote: "I stumbled across this Jane Austen themed candle recently and thought of this thread.

It's definitely not the kind of thing I'd ever spend $17 on, but it is kind of amusing and creative, I guess."

Thank you for sharing, Andrew!

message 7: by Lavan, moderator (last edited Oct 17, 2018 01:33PM) (new)

The weather is cooler and showing signs of autumn. This is the time of year when I enjoy burning candles (and spring).

I was going to purchase Pages' New Book candle (mentioned in message 3 with link), but it's only available as a collection with three other candles so I've decided to try Frostbeard Studio's Bookstore instead.

I'm going to order it now. I'll let everyone know how I like it once it arrives!

message 8: by Lavan, moderator (new)

My candle was delivered on Saturday. I've burned it each day while doing dishes. It's supposed to smell like mahogany, leather, and coffee—scents associated with bookstores (hence the name), but I don't think it necessarily gives off a fragrance similar to those. It is a pleasant-smelling candle (I don't know how to describe it), and mild, which is good, but doesn't remind me of a bookstore.

In future, I might buy Pages' collection which includes Grandma's Bible, New Book (the candle I'm mostly interested in trying, but it's not sold separately), Novel Tea, and Old Book.