Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Side Jobs (The Dresden Files, #12.5)
This topic is about Side Jobs
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Dresden Books 11-15 [June 29, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Day Off

message 2: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Jul 02, 2018 02:59AM) (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments @ini: starting Turn Coat.

chapter 1 done. remind me when did Harry became a White Council member?

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments and Demonreach was introduced in 10?

message 4: by Sha (new)

Sha | 1522 comments Manju wrote: "@ini: starting Turn Coat.

chapter 1 done. remind me when did Harry became a White Council member?"

Harry became a White Council member ie a Wizard, before the series started. He became a Warden in book 7, Dead Beat.

The weird-ass island vibes were introduced in book 10, but Turn Coat is the first appearance of Demonreach as an entity I think.

I'll join for the post-Changes books. I'm not sure I read any of them in detail.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments thanks Sha!

it's a reread for me. stopped at 10 last year thinking of resuming near the release of Peace Talks but since there is no news about the PT, thought of completing my rereads. :D

reread for you too?

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "and Demonreach was introduced in 10?"

It was mentioned towards the end of 10th book I guess...!

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "@ini: starting Turn Coat.

chapter 1 done. remind me when did Harry became a White Council member?"

you meant White council warden I guess? I forgot too..

Thanks Sha for giving a recap :-D

I will start this tonight..

message 8: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 17894 comments Mod
My favorite book, by far, is Changes... I've read it 3-4x... I owned the book pre-Kindle...

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments I love 7-15 except ghost story.

message 10: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Manju wrote: "I love 7-15 except ghost story."

My favorite thing about Ghost Story was the Uriel scene, which had more to do with Changes, really...

message 11: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Jul 04, 2018 12:38AM) (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Chapter 22

"Mission accomplished, my Lord of Pizza."

"Shall I slay him for you my Lord."

"I don't know if things have escalated to that level just yet."

Toot toot.😍

message 12: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Even on my first read I had simply stopped looking for the traitor in White Council. I was never right and things got more and more muddled up with every book.

One thing am glad is, quality of the books remained top class and they were entertaining through and through.

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "Chapter 22

"Mission accomplished, my Lord of Pizza."

"Shall I slay him for you my Lord."

"I don't know if things have escalated to that level just yet."

Toot toot.😍"

Haven't reached this yet.. I absolutely love Toot toot :-D

Completed 18 chapters so far... And Harry has no clue yet..!

message 14: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

I might join for Changes and Skin Game

message 15: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments finally wrapped up it late last night. was awake till 1 in the morning, things got to the point where i had to read them. :) now suffering a massive headache and my second cup of coffee.:/:\

(view spoiler)

that said i just can't wait to start next book as i know what it brings and what it destroys.;)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Ch 46 now.. Ohmygod.. (view spoiler)

message 17: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments yeah. :'(

how clever Harry is, no? calling council and court together to catch the culprit. ;)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "yeah. :'(

how clever Harry is, no? calling council and court together to catch the culprit. ;)"

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Manju wrote: "finally wrapped up it late last night. was awake till 1 in the morning, things got to the point where i had to read them. :) now suffering a massive headache and my second cup of coffee.:/:\

Injun..."

The description reminds me of one of the Transformers movies where Optimus Prime and the leader of the Decepticons were fighting and kept shifting between humanoid form, and fighter jets and vehicles, etc etc...

message 20: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments yeah. (view spoiler)

message 21: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iain wrote: The description reminds me of one of the Transformers movies where Optimus Prime and the leader of the Decepticons were fighting and kept shifting between humanoid form, and fighter jets and vehicles, etc etc....."

exactly and it was done beautifully.

message 22: by Sha (new)

Sha | 1522 comments Iain wrote: "My favorite book, by far, is Changes... I've read it 3-4x... I owned the book pre-Kindle..."
Yes.

reread for you too?
Yeah. :) I remember most of what happens in books 03-12, but the books after that are a little hazy...especially Ghost Story.

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Hey Manu, Finished Turncoat yesterday...

Liked it. (view spoiler)

message 24: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments (view spoiler)

when can we start next book?

P.S: though i know one line from the book and you will abandon everything and want to read it. ;)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments (view spoiler)

NExt book? after 15th?

message 26: by Akshaya (new)

Akshaya (shae_reads) (shae_says) | 2 comments Iniya wrote: " oops yeah that was really scary..!
True about the culprit, earlier it was the traitor, now still it's the half-traitor..!

Rashid did give some hints about the island na..?

NExt book? after 15th?"

Yeah there are short story collections of Dresden files. U can read them, in case you haven't already . Recently "Brief cases" got published too

message 27: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Manju wrote: " ..."

I wish there were more Easter Eggs in the first 12 books, after the revelations in book 14... I've been too indulged by Erikson and Sanderson, I guess...

message 28: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iain wrote: "Manju wrote: " ..."

I wish there were more Easter Eggs in the first 12 books, after the revelations in book 14... I've been too indulged by Erikson and Sanderson, I guess..."

okay, that went above my head. please explain. (:

message 29: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iniya wrote: " NExt book? after 15th?"

(view spoiler)

Changes after 15. okay.

message 30: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Manju wrote: "Iain wrote: "Manju wrote: " ..."

I wish there were more Easter Eggs in the first 12 books, after the revelations in book 14... I've been too indulged by Erikson and Sanderson, I guess..."

okay, t..."

The revelations that: (view spoiler)

message 31: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments other books takes at least 2-3 chapters for story to pick, Butcher dropped a bomb with the first sentence...

message 32: by Sha (new)

Sha | 1522 comments oh yeah. changes has a fun first line.

message 33: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's why this is my favorite book... this one hits the ground running...

message 34: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments 1-5 (view spoiler)

message 35: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments 6-10 (view spoiler)

message 36: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments 10-20 (view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Hey Manu.. I just started this today.. in 3rd chapter. Will post my thoughts later..!

message 38: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iniya wrote: "Hey Manu.. I just started this today.. in 3rd chapter. Will post my thoughts later..!"

okay. :)

message 39: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments 21-25(view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments *shows red signal* Slow down and stop for a while na..!!!

message 41: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments stopped. reading other book now. :O)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Good girl

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "1-5

(view spoiler)

message 44: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments you will get more secrets by the time you reach the end. it's only start. ;)

message 45: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

This book really pays off on the fact Butcher made a 20-23 book outline back in 1999...

message 46: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iain wrote: "This book really pays off on the fact Butcher made a 20-23 book outline back in 1999..."

(view spoiler)

are you reading this?

message 47: by Sha (new)

Sha | 1522 comments I wait expectantly for further reactions.

message 48: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments @Sha & Iain - who is your favorite villain from this series?

Mine is Nicodemus.

message 49: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Sha wrote: "I wait expectantly for further reactions."

on this book?

message 50: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Manju wrote: "Iain wrote: "This book really pays off on the fact Butcher made a 20-23 book outline back in 1999..."

[spoilers removed]

are you reading this?"

I will be... soon... I'm so behind and so many things started this weekend... I'm on Steelheart now... finished with A Trail Through Time and Heir of Novron my other weekend reads... Changes will be next... so by tomorrow, I'm sure...

« previous 1