The Sword and Laser discussion

SFF Picture books for kids?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tommy (new)

Tommy O'canyahearme (tomb24) | 3 comments My children (ages 3 and 2) have recently taken an interest in rocket ships, pirates, and magic. I want to jump on the opportunity to capture their imaginations early, does anyone have suggestions for children's picture books with a sci fi or fantasy theme?

some books that we already enjoy are The Antlered Ship and Ocean Meets Sky both illustrated the Fan brothers, Unplugged by Steve Anthony, and Please Bring Balloons by Lindsey Ward.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

message 2: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8959 comments Have you done Jumanji and Zathura? My friends’ kids loved those, and when they got a little older they loved the movies.

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 78 comments Any mythology books.

message 4: by Tommy (new)

Tommy O'canyahearme (tomb24) | 3 comments Jumanji and Zuthura have both been hits in my house. I haven't thought to try any mythology. Thank you!

message 5: by Joel (last edited Jun 20, 2018 06:28PM) (new)

Joel Nobody Likes a Goblin by Ben Hatke

Journey by Aaron Becker. Wordless picture book trilogy.

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2591 comments Coming early in 2019, a new Little Golden Book featuring James T. Kirk

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/bo...

message 7: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 66 comments Mark wrote: "Coming early in 2019, a new Little Golden Book featuring James T. Kirk

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/bo......"

Think I might need to get this to add to my own personal collection of Star Trek books.

message 8: by Brian (new)

Brian | 4 comments Joel wrote: "Nobody Likes a Goblin by Ben Hatke"

Also Julia's House for Lost Creatures by Ben Hatke

Uni the Unicorn by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
...and books by Julia Donaldson (Illustrated by Adam Scheffler), and books by Emily Winfield Martin

message 9: by Tommy (new)

Tommy O'canyahearme (tomb24) | 3 comments "Nobody Likes a Goblin" look like exactly what I am looking for!