2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question N

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments In the description of the deaths of Celaena/Aelin's parents, it is implied that Arobynn may have been the assassin who killed them? Is Celaena aware of this? Does Arobynn know who she is? If so, why did he save her and turn her into an assassin?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I do think that Arobynn knows who she is. And I think it's very possible that he knows who killed her parents. As to why he saved her and trained her as a assassin....All I can think is that he grew to like her and wanted her safe and to have a way to protect herself.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Hmm... this is one twist that I didn't see coming although I should have. I think that Arobynn's decision to train Celaena was arrogant - perhaps he thought it amusing to teach the heiress to Terrasen's throne to be a killer who would threaten the king who hired him. I do think that it will come back to bite him.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I didn’t see it coming either and should have. He’s a master manipulator and I know we haven’t seen the last of him.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "I know we haven’t seen the last of him."

Definitely not!

message 6: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I don't think she is aware he might have killed them. She sees him as the one who saved her after this happened.
I do think that he knows who she is and think he is/was hoping to be able to use her for something in the future.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments More details on this in the next book. I'm glad that Maas isn't dragging the mysteries out for too long. She gives answers to some questions and develops new ones. It's keeping the pages turning...