2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question I

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Celaena blames Chaol for keeping the threat against Nehemia secret and it destroys their relationship. Were her feelings of betrayal warranted? What did you think of her behavior toward Chaol after? Is there any hope for reconciliation between them?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I feel that her feeling were warranted, but I wish that she would have understood Chaol's side of it. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He really didn't have a choice. Celaena still seems cold toward Chaol, but I think we may not have seen the end to the relationship, just a break.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I'm really not a fan of the keeping secrets trope and this is no exception. Chaol was wrong to keep the information to himself and Celaena's feelings of betrayal are justified. However, I do think her reaction was extreme - Chaol didn't deserve to die and she would have killed him if Dorian hadn't stopped her.

I have a feeling this is the end of their relationship - at the very least, the trust is gone.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I’m with Melissa on this one. Celaena has kept bigger secrets from Chaol so it works both ways. Yes, she should have felt betrayed and I understood her extreme reaction as her friend died as a consequence. However, once she had time to think things through, she should have relented some, more than she did.

No, I do not think we’ve seen the end of these two but it may take a long, long time.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I'm with Melissa and Jonetta, and I hope that they both will heal and will be able to trust each other in the future.