Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Author Chat! > Plans?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1245 comments Mod
What are your summer plans? Any good books?

message 2: by Simi (last edited Jun 21, 2018 09:40AM) (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments So far, now. I hope to go the Sight and Sound Theater to catch up on a musical play. And while I'm writing, I'm planning to read Olivia Twist while I wait for the book that fits me well: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Martin (kellymartinbooks) | 1 comments I'm reading horror classics which is so much fun. So far, I've read The Picture of Dorian Gray (OH MY. I loved it!), Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and I'm currently reading The Invisible Man. I picked up Rebecca today and plan on reading it next :)

message 4: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Hey, Kelly, did you know there's a female version of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? It's quite interesting. If you want to check it out, look up Electric Empire Series by Viola Carr. ^^

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda Dobinson (baspoet) Hi,

I am currently reading The Little Café in Copenhagen and I have The Echoes of Love and A Wedding in Italy waiting.

message 6: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments I"m hoping to finish up Upon and I'm actually in the mood to reread Harry Potter. 2018 has been the year of rereads so far. :)

message 7: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1245 comments Mod
Just finished Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday.

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Eisenbrey | 23 comments I will be traveling to Oregon at least once and maybe more for book signing events with other Not a Pipe authors. I'm planning a reading locally for late July. I have a Kindle full of promised reads (beta and otherwise) so I suspect I'll be writing a lot of reviews. And I hope to actually start writing a book I've been thinking about and planning for more than 2 years!

message 9: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Standafer | 28 comments My husband and I will be traveling to Europe with our daughter to watch her compete in a swimming event in Munich then traveling on to Krakow, Budapest, Bratislava, and Vienna. I'm super, super excited and think I need to search our some good books set in those locations. Any recommendations?

message 10: by H. (new)

H. Glogau-Morgan (ddraigswife) | 13 comments I will be working on the third book in the "Midnight to Morning" series, working on our homestead, and doing a bit of traveling. Currently have my family here from Wales, so picking their brains and taking lots of notes - as the novels take place there.

message 11: by C. (new)

C. Gold | 62 comments I'm working on my Summoner book 2 and busy reading all the Hugo nominees so I can vote before the end of July. Stinks to have to read so many wonderful stories! ;)

message 12: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) | 189 comments I have four books I agreed to review and hope to get to them before the end of July. We are going over the responses from our beta readers on our seventh science thriller which we hope to publish in November.

Just returned from a trip and noticed everywhere we went (hotels/boats/inns) they had books to borrow and were delighted when we offered one of our books for their library. I also gift books to the libraries of the towns we visit, they too are always delighted to receive books for their collections.

message 13: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Looks like I am going somewhere and that us to see the show in Lancaster. And good thing, too, because I have a week off.

message 14: by Ellis (new)

Ellis Knox (sknox) | 27 comments We already did our plans--two weeks in Scotland. Three days in Edinburgh, three in Pitlochry, three on the Isle of Skye, and three in Oban. Went with wife, son, daughter-in-law, and eight-year-old grandson, who is pretty sure he found some sort of egg at Loch Ness. Fortunately, we were there and back again before the Embarrassment of the United States was there.

Good food, good people, good Scotch, terrifying roads, beautiful scenery.

message 15: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Ellis wrote: "We already did our plans--two weeks in Scotland. Three days in Edinburgh, three in Pitlochry, three on the Isle of Skye, and three in Oban. Went with wife, son, daughter-in-law, and eight-year-old ..."

Lol I wish I can travel to places like Scotland. ^-^