2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question A

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Wow! So many twists and turns in this one, it is difficult to know where to begin with the questions...

Let's start with the world building...

What did you make Baba Yellowlegs' story about the Wyrdkeys, the Wyrdgates and the conflict between the Vlag and the Fae?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I found her story very informative. I think we received more information in that one section than we have in the series so far.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I agree, Melissa. The story arc is really beginning to take shape in this book and only whets my appetite for more.

For some reason, I really didn't view Baba Yellowlegs as a threat (despite the descriptions of the Ironteeth witches agression) until she actually attacked Celaena. I'm still not sure what her motive was here.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I remembered her from the story Ansel told in The Assassin and the Desert so I was leery from the start. She sent off vibes that she was truly skilled and a powerful witch. When she offered to sell Celaena the questions Dorian asked, I got worried.

Her story about the Wyrdkeys and Wyrdgate has unlocked the story for me. Now things are starting to make sense.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I remembered Ansel's story but I didn't make the precise connection to Baba Yellowlegs. Well done, Jonetta!

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Thanks! That story about the twins horrified me and I couldn’t forget it.

message 7: by Mary Beth (last edited Jul 12, 2018 10:45PM) (new)

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I loved this part in the story. I was shocked how wicked and powerful she was. I love witchy books. I thought the Wyrdkeys and the
Wyrdgates were confusing but I finally am understanding it better.
I was surprised finding out that Celaena was a fae. I ended up loving this book.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "I was surprised finding out that Celaena was a fae. I ended up loving this book"

Glad you enjoyed it, Mary Beth. The series definitely improves with each book.

message 9: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments It was very informative and gave some very wanted background information.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Lieke wrote: "It was very informative and gave some very wanted background information."

Yes, it will make things clearer moving forward