What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Happily After All
This topic is about Happily After All
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA; Girl whose father dies and goes to live with her mother; has a pony named Gandalf. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lowell (new)

Lowell Tilden | 2 comments I'm going to try and give as many details as I can remember: a young adult book from possibly the 1980's or 1990's wherein a girl loses her dad and has to go live with her mom. The girl is possibly named Rebecca (something starting with a "R" sounds right) and ends up making friends with another girl. They both have ponies but the main thing I remember is that the Rebecca character's new pony is named "Gandalf". There is also something about them coming across bad men in the woods and Rebecca gets away on Gandalf. The end of the story is about her coming to want to stay with her mother after not wanting to be there the entire time. Also I think the paperback had a red border on the cover.

I know this is vague but all my memory allows! Thanks!

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1205 comments This is Happily After All by Laura C. Stevenson. Note that the cover shown here doesn't have a red border, but my copy does. Happily After All

message 3: by Lowell (new)

Lowell Tilden | 2 comments OH MY GOD! Pamela, you are my new favorite person! I have been searching for this book for so long. Thank you!

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1205 comments You're welcome. It helped that you remembered so many details, especially the pony's name.