Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > ISBN already existing but it's not!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana (new)

Ana Pinton | 15 comments Hi, I was just trying to add a new edition of The Age of Innocence, a Spanish version with the ISBN 842264844x, but I got an error message telling me that that number already exists. However I did a previous research and it doesn't. How to solve this issue? Thank you!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45495 comments Mod
It is actually on the site, although search was having some trouble with it because of the lowercase x in its ISBN 10. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14878 comments Here it is: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

If you search 842264844X (capital X), you will find it.

message 4: by ShanDizzy (new)

ShanDizzy  (sdizzy) | 2 comments Hello, for my print edition of the following book, the ISBN is different than what you have listed for your print edition (your listing is 1783293306). It looks like the difference between the two ISBNs is the beginning (yours does not have "978") and the last number (yours is "6"). The title is The Great Game (A Professor Moriarty Novel) (Professor Moriarty 3) by Michael Kurland . The ISBN in my book is 9781783293308. The reason that I mention it is that when I put 9781783293308 in the search box, I received the error message that the book does not exist. However, my copy is the same edition as your ISBN 1783293306. Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.

message 5: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments S Dizzy wrote: "Hello, for my print edition of the following book, the ISBN is different than what you have listed for your print edition (your listing is 1783293306). It looks like the difference between the two ..."

#4 The edition was just missing the ISBN13, it had been added with only the ISBN10. Added corresponding ISBN13.

message 6: by Ana (new)

Ana Pinton | 15 comments Thank you very much, I feel silly!

message 7: by Ana (new)

Ana Pinton | 15 comments Thanks!! I've added it to my bookshelf