Beyond Reality discussion

The Goblin Emperor (The Goblin Emperor, #1)
This topic is about The Goblin Emperor
Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > THE GOBLIN EMPEROR: Roll Call and First Impressions (*NO SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candiss (last edited Aug 01, 2014 11:49AM) (new)

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments Please let us know if you've read or are planning to read The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison.

Please, **NO SPOILERS!!**

Mary Catelli | 422 comments I've read it. May read it again this month.

Mary Catelli | 422 comments I've read it. May read it again this month.

I recommend everyone reading it watch the ears. If more writers used the ears the way she does, I would complain a lot less about "humans with pointy ears."

Helen To expensive for my pocket, I'll read when the price halves. Enjoy

message 5: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2144 comments Mod
I took it out of the library, but I'm out of town at the moment and didn't want to lug it with me so I'll read it when I get back next week!

message 6: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments I have the book, sitting on my coffee table. I am still knee deep in the book I am reading now.
Not sure if I will be joining in this month.

The girls at the bookstore raved about it one and all. Kinda the reason I picked it up

Antonis (antonakis) | 43 comments I'm reading it right now. I like it but the start is a bit hard with all those strange names and words. I think it's intentional though to make us feel a bit lost just like the protagonist.

Mary Catelli | 422 comments Yeah, that's the difficulty of self-contained worlds: how to introduce us when the characters know everything.

message 9: by Stuart (new) - added it

Stuart (asfus) | 136 comments Will probably read

Suzanne | 98 comments I'm interested in this one, but I need to see if I finish the books I've already started in a timely manner. It looks good!

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine (inhalesbookslikepopcorn) | 40 comments I've got no time in August to read this but I definitely keep an eye on it. Also, I want to buy it cheaper.

message 12: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2144 comments Mod
I just started this today. So far, enjoying it!

Banner | 46 comments The premise is very interesting. I haven't figured out where this is headed yet, but I agree with the observations that this is character driven. The protagonist is one of the most likable fellows I've seen recently.

Helen Thanks, belatedly, for that Jonathan.

message 15: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments I have just read it.
Agree with most of the comments so far
The stange names is a drag and Maia is quite likable