Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Sawyer Bennett
This topic is about Sawyer Bennett
2018 Challenge Archive > FAC: Sawyer Bennett (July 2018)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8282 comments July - Sawyer Bennett

Sawyer Bennett is a pen name used by former Civil Litigation Attorney Beth Noble. Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released more than 40 books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists. She uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult to erotic contemporary romance, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone. She also writes general and women’s fiction under the pen name S. Bennett and sweet romance under the name Juliette Poe.

Sawyer likes her Bloody Marys strong, her martinis dirty, and her heroes a combination of the two. When not bringing fictional romance to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, maid, and personal assistant to a very active daughter, as well as full-time servant to her adorably naughty dogs. She believes in the good of others, and that a bad day can be cured with a great work-out, cake, or even better, both.

Sawyer lives in North Carolina.

Sawyer Bennet's GR pages can be found here: Sawyer Bennett, Juliette Poe and S. Bennett

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Sawyer Bennett.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of July.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8282 comments **

message 3: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8282 comments **

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23559 comments I'm an A! I am looking forward to the next Cold Fury Hockey book, for me that is Lucas. =)

message 5: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4752 comments I'm in - I'm a B.

message 6: by Stacey (last edited Jun 20, 2018 05:26PM) (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 141 comments I'm in. I'm an A. 😊

I'm going to read Off Limits (Off, #2) by Sawyer Bennett

message 7: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1547 comments I'm in too. I'm an A.

message 8: by Emerson (last edited Jul 02, 2018 06:53AM) (new)

Emerson Hawthorne | 157 comments I’m in. I’m a B.

I will be reading Bishop (Arizona Vengeance, #1) by Sawyer Bennett (ARC provided by NetGalley)

Completed 7/1. I’m a B. It was a good start to a new hockey series but many of the secondary characters were more intriguing than the main characters.

message 9: by Connie N. (last edited Jul 28, 2018 01:42PM) (new)

Connie N. | 1127 comments I'll be reading my next Cold Fury Hockey book: Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5) by Sawyer Bennett

I guess I'm somewhere between and A and a B.

Finished up:
Hawke by Sawyer Bennett - 7/28/18 ♥♥♥
Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5) by Sawyer Bennett
I'll stick with my B assessment since I didn't love it but am liking it enough to continue with the series.

message 10: by JoAnne (last edited Jun 20, 2018 02:16PM) (new)

JoAnne | 1067 comments I am an A!! I'll have to look for something to read because I think I've read almost everything.

A few days ago I read Atticus A Woman’s Journey with the World’s Worst Behaved Dog by S. Bennett , written by her as S. Bennett. I gave it 5 stars!!

message 11: by Shan ~A~ (last edited Jun 20, 2018 11:12PM) (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 1057 comments I'm somewhere between an A and a B. I just finished listening to Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10) by Sawyer Bennett and now I can save Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11) by Sawyer Bennett for July.

This series (Cold Fury Hockey) is the main things that I have read by the author, which is why I said I fall between the two.

message 12: by Stela (new)

Stela | 2 comments Аз съм Б, I am B :) През месец юли смятам да прочета "Нецивилизован"/Uncivilized
и " Любов: Нецивилизован" / Love:Uncivilized

message 13: by Loz (last edited Jun 20, 2018 11:41PM) (new)

Loz | 57 comments I am in this month! I'm a B. Familiar with her work, have both really enjoyed a couple of her books; and been left feeling 'meh' after some.

I'm going to read Off the Record. Wasn't fussed with book #1, but liked book #2. Fingers crossed for book #3

Off the Record (Off, #3) by Sawyer Bennett

message 14: by Suzanne (last edited Jun 24, 2018 07:07AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments I'm in but I'm not sure which one I'll pick. I'll probably try Off Sides (Off, #1) by Sawyer Bennett

message 15: by Charlene (last edited Jul 28, 2018 08:54PM) (new)

Charlene (charley627) | 108 comments I am in! I am a C, I haven't had the pleasure of reading this authr yet. However, I did have a couple of her books on my TBR. No, better way to move them off, then to join a challenge. I will read Wicked Favor, Wicked Favor (The Wicked Horse Vegas, #1) by Sawyer Bennett

07/27/18 Finished Wicked Favor, finished this challenge as an A. I really enjoyed this book an will seek out this author in the future.

message 16: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jul 01, 2018 08:05AM) (new)

Fran | 11483 comments I'm an A and I will be reading a shortie, A Wicked, Cocky Plan, that appears in the anthology Cocktales

message 17: by JoAnne (last edited Jul 01, 2018 07:53AM) (new)

JoAnne | 1067 comments Charlene wrote: "I am in! I am a C, I haven't had the pleasure of reading this authr yet. However, I did have a couple of her books on my TBR. No, better way to move them off, then to join a challenge. I will read ..."

Wicked Favor is a spin off of Wicked Fall book #1 of Wicked Horse series.

message 18: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments I'm in and I'm a C! I'm going to read either Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett or Sugar Daddy (Sugar Bowl, #1) by Sawyer Bennett

message 19: by Shan ~A~ (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 1057 comments Finished Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11) by Sawyer Bennett 07/04/18. I started between an A or B, but end a B all the way.

message 20: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments I finished Sugar Daddy (Sugar Bowl, #1) by Sawyer Bennett and it was ok. There is a rape scene in the beginning of the book that took me off guard and the book was not nearly as "sweet" as the front cover of the novel advertised. So I gave it three stars, started out a C and ended up a B.

message 21: by ~Teresa (last edited Jul 13, 2018 08:08PM) (new)

~Teresa | 334 comments I started out at a “B”. I read Ain't He Precious? written as Juliette Poe and thought it was a really cute, fun book full of Southern charm. The one I just completed was by S. Bennett and titled The Hard Truth About Sunshine. It is a totally different type of book and I loved it. I am so glad I picked it up. I will read more by this author and now consider myself an “A”.

message 22: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23559 comments I read Lucas and loved it! It was just about perfect, other than being rushed at the end. I am so glad there are more in the series!

I started an A and I finish an A!

message 23: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11483 comments Fran wrote: "I'm an A and I will be reading a shortie, A Wicked, Cocky Plan, that appears in the anthology Cocktales"

I started an A and finish an A. The short story was good but not great, but it still leaves me wanting to read the next in the series. I enjoy her very much :)

message 24: by Loz (new)

Loz | 57 comments Finished Off the Record... I'm an A. I really liked this and look forward to reading more.

message 25: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4752 comments I listened to Roman I'm an A- or B+ :) I liked it and will read the next in the series, but I am not in a hurry.

message 26: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 1127 comments Finished up:
Hawke by Sawyer Bennett - 7/28/18 ♥♥♥
Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5) by Sawyer Bennett
I'll stick with my B assessment since I didn't love it but am liking it enough to continue with the series.