Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Mistress of the Empire (The Empire Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about Mistress of the Empire
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Mistress of the Empire [Mar 1, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4608 comments Mod
Mar 1st.

Link to previous BR: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Bill | 2150 comments Started early. Hell of a way to start the book. Made me pretty sad.

Graeme Rodaughan Yep. An immediate kick in the guts.

Mayim de Vries | 2948 comments will be here but late, possibly after March 14

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments I'm with Mayim. In but late.

Brian | 1207 comments Probably start this weekend if I can get the ones I’m on done.

message 7: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Mar 06, 2019 05:21AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Timelord Iain | 18044 comments Mod
15-20% in: Hey guys... did you know that Mara insulted Jiro by picking his brother Buntokapi over him to marry?...

I swear... every time it shifts to Jiro's POV, we're reminded... it's growing quite annoying... as a drinking game, you could probably get pretty drunk every time that phrase is repeated...

Bill | 2150 comments Haha yup and it doesn't let up anytime soon.

Brian | 1207 comments I agree. So far this one is not luring me in like the first two.

message 10: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 3 stars

First book was easily the best, so far... I rated the 2nd higher than most, because I was still in a honeymoon phase or something... now I'm coming off of a month of lower ratings, and being dissatisfied with how slow-moving Royal Assassin was, and I feel like not much has happened yet, here, either... I'm around 1/3 in how, and it's mostly just a series of events hindering Mara from making any progress, because she proved so successful in the first 1-2 books...

Brian | 1207 comments I’m like 150 pages in and so far I’m disappointed. Seems to be moving a lot slower then book 1-2. I’m hoping it picks up soon

message 12: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brian wrote: "I’m like 150 pages in and so far I’m disappointed. Seems to be moving a lot slower then book 1-2. I’m hoping it picks up soon"

Yea... this whole book is weird... the first 2 books had these plotlines revolving around the dangers of trusting a spy network to be 100% successful... and this book just keeps sending the spymaster off on crazier and crazier missions... I just assume he's going to succeed at this point...

Brian | 1207 comments Finished....almost a DNF for me. Felt uneven to me after a great first book, and good second book. First 200 pages were slow and painful but got a little better as it went on.

message 14: by Joel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joel (joel_i_was) | 2 comments The Empire series is one of the best I've read after a long time.

Choko (chokog) | 7752 comments It is awesome! Wurst makes Feist even better!