TGOG Podcast Book Club discussion

New Books?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cal (new)

Cal I didn't see a thread for book suggestions yet, so I thought I would make one. Let the recommendations commence!

message 2: by Cal (new)

Cal Here are some of the books that came to my mind.

'Smoke gets in your Eyes and Other Lessons from the Crematory' and 'From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death' by Caitlin Doughty are both excellent and have been brought up in the Facebook group a few times. I would love to hear people's thoughts as they read through them.

I'm only a few essays in, but 'Engaging the Anomalous: Collected Essays on Anthropology, the Paranormal, Mediumship and Extraordinary Experience' by Jack Hunter is a really approachable book if you are interested in how people study spirit beliefs in different cultures.

There's also 'Wooing the Echo' by Lee Morgan. Here is the description from the Amazon page. "Chasing a ghost and echoes of magic, Christopher discovers the darkness that looms behind desire. Christopher is haunted and hollow with the loss of a friend unlike any other. When a stranger arrives with the secrets of 'Old Craft' sorcery and communion with the dead, Christopher’s fate will be altered forever. On that crooked path the façade of normal life falls away to reveal a world of wonder, but also danger. As the ghosts of the dead stir, what secrets will rise to the surface with them, and will Christopher survive the horror that is love's other face?"

All of these are also available on kindle.