Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > New Beta reader

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Myers | 2 comments I’m interested in beta reading romance, action, fantasy, and young adult books. Please PM me your books length, a synopsis, and what you expect of me as your beta reader if you would like me to read your book. Just a fair warning I’m new at this so guidance of what to do is more than welcomed. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 74 comments Hi there. Do you do beta readings of individual chapters?

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Myers | 2 comments Hailey,

Sure! :) If you PM me a synopsis of your book and if I’m not bombarded by other books by then, because requests have been flooding my message box, I’ll send you my email. I’m fine with you sending me one chapter at a time, it doesn’t really matter to me. :)

message 4: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 74 comments Carrie wrote: "Hailey,

Sure! :) If you PM me a synopsis of your book and if I’m not bombarded by other books by then, because requests have been flooding my message box, I’ll send you my email. I’m fine with yo..."

I'll send you a synopsis as soon as possible.

message 5: by L.C. (last edited Jun 20, 2018 02:01PM) (new)

L.C. Lee | 15 comments Hailey

I have an 86K Historical Fiction and am looking for a beta reader.
It is written in first person from a young farm girl who changes into a strong woman. Called Deceitful Survival

message 6: by Izzy (new)

Izzy F | 9 comments Hey, Carrie!

I have a 90k YA contemporary/romance novel that I'd love for you to look at. Here's a blurb:

The place is: Monroe, New Jersey, a small town just outside of New York City.
The people are: Maxwell Johnson, a writer, a mechanic, a reader caught up in one piece of literature; Carolina Campbell, the golden girl, the cheerleader, and lost beyond measure; and Terry Jenning, Max’s uncle, the entrepreneur, the black sheep, the falling-short replacement father.
The problem is: Max is torn between a faraway life of possible failure and loneliness, while Carolina struggles to escape her cycle of confusion and indecision. And Terry – he can’t live up to the memory of Max’s father, and it’s killing him.
Fish Bowls is a story of telling the truth, of dizzying uncertainty, of guilt, of what it means to be home, and of deciding whether a dream is worth saying goodbye to the ones you love.

Let me know if you're interested!

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 80 comments Hi Carrie,
I would love to get feedback for a short horror/ dark fantasy story I'm working on. It's about 3200 words, here's the synopsis:

A young woman is haunted by the ghost of the woman who hurt her while another victim targets someone she loves.

I'd like to know stuff like if you think it works as a horror or dark fantasy, if it kept you interested, if it bored you, how the pacing was, what you thought of the writing style and word flow and if you have any questions about anything you didn't get. Also feel free to point out any plot holes or errors in logic and things like that as well as anything from the beta reading checklist posted in this forum that you feel would help. If you're interested let me know :)

message 8: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Hi, my name is Jim AKA William Walters my latest novel NewCastle is a 182030-word historical fiction/Family Saga about the Richards family led by the tyrannical Wilbur and his manipulative wife Aggatha. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. It is based on the massive plantation NewCastle in South Carolina. You can reach me at randelldenney@aol.com if you are interested in editing critique or Beta reads.

message 9: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Klein | 2 comments Hello, I'm Alexandria, and I have New Adult, Sci-Fi, Dystopian manuscript; Human. Word count: 110,000, first person, present tense.
If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you a blurb. My email is albeegal.art@gmail.com.

message 10: by T.L. (new)

T.L. L Stride (tlstride) | 24 comments Hi Carrie,,
I am looking for Beta Readers for my YA Fantasy, SO MUCH AT STAKE. The book is a little over 60K words, but I find it a fairly quick read
I'm looking for feedback regarding characters and dialogue, flow and continuity, pace and timing, and overall reading enjoyment. I'd also like to know if you could visualize the places and events in the story, and any other information (or editing suggestions) you may have. I would like to start my self-publishing effort by April so I need a fairly quick turn-around to address any issues beta readers identify.

Here's a brief synopsis of SO MUCH AT STAKE:

David “Little Hawk” Lightfoot is a 12-year-old Native American boy who has been traumatized by a vicious roadside attack, which he believes left his parents dead. Only his grandfather, a very powerful shaman, is able to pull him back from his paralyzing grief. While recovering from the attack, David learns his parents have not really died, but have been turned into vampires and he vows to hunt down the monster who took them.

When Little Hawk discovers his parents and the monster may have fled to New Orleans; he is determined to follow them. Unable to deter him from this course, two members of the Tribal Council decide to join him in his quest. While preparing to perform a ritual of protection over the travelers, Grandfather reveals a secret he has held since David’s birth; Little Hawk is destined to replace him as shaman of their tribe.

Armed with only the protection of the ritual, a bag of stakes and holy water, and slowly emerging shaman abilities, Little Hawk and his companions set off for New Orleans. Can they find and destroy the monster that claimed David's parents; and if necessary can he find the strength to save his parents from a fate worse than death?

If you're interested, please message me with your email address and I'll send you a PDF. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
T L Stride

message 11: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Lasica (jdlasica) | 17 comments Hi, Carrie, if you're still accepting submissions ...

I'm a published author (#1 bestseller in a couple of Amazon genres last year) with a new high-tech thriller coming out in late March.

Synopsis: Overnight, hundreds of teenage girls disappear from the streets of America. Off the coast of Florida, an augmented reality theme park opens for the super-rich. Are the two connected? When two assailants accost 23-year-old Kaden Baker at an awards gala, she enters a maelstrom of high-tech international intrigue that pits her against a mysterious foe. It will take all her covert ops and hacking skills as she allies with a band of family members resolved to retrieve their daughters and battle an enemy that’s out to change the face of the world.

Does this sound interesting to you? It's been through a professional editor and we'd *love* a final read and a fresh perspective. Length: 94,000 words.

I am looking for comments on any plot holes, character development, inconsistencies or mistakes we didn't catch and anything else you'd like to comment on.

Thanks for supporting the author community!

JD Lasica