What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young/New Adult Mystery Book. Male detective investigating acts of terrorism in his city. Cover has a large 13 on it which isn't part of the title. Spoilers.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Invictine (new)

Invictine | 3 comments Young/New Adult Mystery Book. Follows our detective protagonist as he tried to solve the identity of who is committing acts of terrorism across his city. We suspect it is an older, stand-offish bully. The cover had a large 13 on it- but that wasn't the title of the book.

His mother is an extreme person who sequestered him from the outside world for most of his life. I believe she horded something odd, like newspapers? She was mentally and physically abusive to him, which showed in his physiological development.

There is a shiny, but kind of dull subplot of him trying to get together with this girl- who was a biologist or something.

The twist is that he was the terrorist all along. And that he has multiple personalities. The bully never existed, and this is proven by a blood sample sound in a church's basement where he attests the bully beat him up. Even though the blood is way too old to get a proper sample from (It is something that takes you out of the story) they find only his blood- even though he "broke the bullies nose."

I read the book around 2014- if I remember correctly I think it came out anywhere from 2009-2013.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Invictine, I added genre and plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments Not all the details match, but Ted Dekker's Thr3e has a very similar plot – at least the bully thing, old blood, and the big reveal.

It's not YA, though, and the main character Kevin Parson is a seminary student. His love interest and old friend is an FBI agent called Samantha Sheer. Most covers have a number three as part of the title, but no 13. The similarities are striking enough that I thought it would be best to suggest it anyway, just in case.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Invictine, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Thr3e (other topics)