Goodreads Ireland discussion

Quarterly Irish Read Nominations > Quarterly Irish Read Nominations - July to September

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bookworm with Kids It is time for quarterly book nominations. This quarterly will run from July to September Books nominated for the quarterly must be by an Irish author or deal with issues specific to Ireland.

Please remember:
1. People may only nominate one book.
2. All nominations must be seconded.
3. You can nominate a book or second a book not both.
4. If the book you nominate wins, you must lead the discussion.
5. Authors may not self nominate.

Nominations shall close at midnight GMT on Friday 22nd March. For those outside Ireland:

New York: 7.00pm
LA: 4.00pm
Sydney: 11.00am, 23rd June

Bookworm with Kids I realise that this is a bit early for the nominations and poll but I will be away next week for a few weeks and won't have access to the Internet, except sporadically.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bdegar) | 4626 comments I'd like to nominate The Uninvited (Recovered Voices) by Dorothy Macardle. It's available on Kindle, from Kennys, The Book Depository, and Amazon US. It has been republished by Tramp Press, the indie publisher that published Solar Bones. https://www.tramppress.com/

message 4: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 2 comments I would like to nominate "A Different Familiar" by Rhian J. Martin. Set in contemporary Galway, the story follows a group of university students, mostly Irish but some from America, who encounter the city of Galway in varying ways and experience struggles and joys as they adapt to university life. The book is available on Kindle, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble online. Thanks!

Bookworm with Kids Thanks, Susan!

message 7: by Clare (new)

Clare O'Beara | 151 comments I do not have an Irish book lined up at present but I'll keep it in mind. Enjoy your trip!

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol Bee | 44 comments If anyone is looking for an Irish Author and Book I was surprised to discover that Graham Norton has written a Book called “Holding” which is set in south west. It’s a detective story about missing people and bodies found of people who had been missing for 20 years. I’ve not finished it yet so I’m only putting it out there as an Irish read. I am enjoying it at a third into it.

Bookworm with Kids Here is the link to Holding by Graham Norton.

Bookworm with Kids Any seconders for our nominated books so far?

message 11: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 152 comments I'll second The Uninvited. I've been tempted to buy her books for awhile. It might be a good, creepy read.

Bookworm with Kids Thanks Lorraine. I will second Holding. Anyone to second A Different Familiar?

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4707 comments I will second A Different Familiar.

Bookworm with Kids Thanks, Susan.

Bookworm with Kids Nominations are now closed and the poll is open here:
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...