Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Walled Flower: 2 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments The Walled Flower (Victoria Square, #2) by Lorraine Bartlett

Walled Flower Lorraine Bartlett

★ ★

I read this because it was in my pile.... I will not read the other two by the same author, they are going back into the Library return bag.

I really dislike stupid wishy-washy main characters. Are they suppose to be endearing? How do they escape being killed off by the bad-guy?

Main character, Katie, her husband died (no great loss) & the $$$ she had set aside to purchase the Victorian mansion across the street to be opened as a B&B (all the antique furniture she bought is in storage), he used to buy the money-losing craft mall across the street (without telling her) instead.

Katie goes in to visit the new owners of the mansion & they offer her the sledge hammer to remove a wall... inside the wall is the skeleton of a young woman who disappeared 20 years ago.

The current sheriff is the same one who took the missing report 20 years ago and blew it off, never following through, because he was (and still is) a lazy chump.

The girl's ex-boyfriend, now movie director comes to town & she questions him in front of the press, he is later killed by a sniper.

The ex-best friend of the girl, is also killed after meeting w/ Katie, before she tells Katie anything, she gets spooked & runs away.

Also: there is problems w/ a nasty seller in the antiques mall; Katie stupidly agrees to be a maid-of-honor for another vendor she barely knows and gets stuck w/ wedding favors & parties two weeks before the wedding; and she has lost her lease w/ 2 days to move and no prospects.

Whatever....

message 2: by Karin (last edited Jun 19, 2018 03:06PM) (new)

Karin | 7468 comments Kimberly wrote: "I really dislike stupid wishy-washy main characters. Are they suppose to be endearing? How do they escape being killed off by the bad-guy?"

Hmm, there are TSTL characters, and perhaps we ought to add TWTL (too wishy-washy to live) ;)

I'm sorry it was such a disappointment for you.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Karin wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "I really dislike stupid wishy-washy main characters. Are they suppose to be endearing? How do they escape being killed off by the bad-guy?"

Hmm, there are TSTL characters, and per..."

LOL!