Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month > July 2018 BOM Nominations

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (last edited Jun 19, 2018 08:42AM) (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
Ok! It is time for the BOM Nominations for July! The way this will work from now on is that two weeks before the first of the month I will post the nominations options. On week before the first of the month voting will begin. One the first of the month the BOM will be posted! That simple! This topic would have been up yesterday, but I had a family emergency and got very, very sidetracked. Enough about my drama, here you!

Summer is here, the sun is always out (blech), and the heat is hitting hard!! Unless you live below the Equator (Adele) and it is freezing and dark!

So... theme for the month is dark and mysterious. I am not a fan of the sun, the big lady on campus is in the dark, freezing depths of Australia, and we are a Vampire and fantasy book club so give me your darkest!!!

It could be dark comedy, a dark novella, a vampire who can only be in a dark (Twilights out ladies!), etc,... As long as it is dark! I'll even accept a dark cover!

Give me your darkest, most mysterious reads you can!!! Let's see what you got!

Here are the guidelines:
*Please see which books in a series we have started to read and You may nominate the next book in the series.

*If we haven't read the book please nominate the FIRST in the Series. No sense in starting at number 5 when we haven't been introduced to the characters before.

*Please ensure that the book is on the Goodreads Database.

*Please nominate books that have preferably been out for 12 months or more. This is so books might have the chance of being available in the library (we support local libraries so they are our preferred option). And we don't want to be a financial burden after all! But seriously if you want to buy the books that is fine too.

*Please Nominate books that are available in Print format.
any book that is only available as an e-book will be suggested as a buddy read and not be part of the poll.

*We no DO NOT allow Self Nominations From Authors or their Representatives. We have an area Devoted to Author Reads as well as Self Promotion. For more information Please Contact a Moderator.

Thanks!

message 2: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Ok, I am going to nominate two books:

Book 1 is a re-read, Desire Unchained (Demonica #2) by Larissa Ione , which has a dark, mysterious curse, kidnapped demons, and a lot of dark, steamy smut!

Book 2 is Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco , a dark mystery about Jack the Ripper, with paranormal and intrigue set in Victorian London!

message 3: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (mooturtil) | 1767 comments Mod
I'll send out a newsletter tonight.
in the meantime I'd like to read Greywalker by Kat Richardson.
It might not be as dark as you want but it's grey title!

message 4: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Sounds like fun!

message 5: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (last edited Jun 21, 2018 05:07PM) (new)

Amyiw | 1083 comments Mod
Nice Dragons Finish Last (Heartstrikers, #1) by Rachel Aaron
Hope it is dark enough. You really don't know what is happening until the end. More fun really but has a dark cover... and I need to reread to catch up with the series end. I plan to read the whole series.

message 6: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (mooturtil) | 1767 comments Mod
thanks for sending the link out Amy. I got home last night and immediately fell asleep. It wasn't until a few hours later my dog woke me cause she was hungry! I then went back to bed... I was soo tired. I need to still send out a newsletter to inform the group about next month's revamp... oops I've said too much!!

message 7: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Today is the last day to nominate! So far we have four books! Please get those nominations in ASAP so I can set up the time to vote! Thanks :)

message 8: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Ok! Poll is up!!!! Get that vote in!

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 9: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new)

Amyiw | 1083 comments Mod
I voted.

message 10: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.