Play Book Tag discussion

Relic (Pendergast, #1)
This topic is about Relic
Archive: Other Books > Relic/Douglas Preston/5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie Zaccaria | 219 comments I loved this story! It was like Jaws but set in a museum. I enjoyed the variety of characters, the use of science and genetics, the creepy museum/tunnel settings. I liked the anthropology included in the story and of course the creature itself was brilliant. This book definitely has me committed to reading the rest in the Pendergast series!

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I also really liked this book! I read the second book in the series as well, Reliquary, but ultimately did not continue on with the series. I always think the descriptions look good though!

message 3: by Barbara M (last edited Jun 19, 2018 10:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2300 comments Ditto! I have read / listened to several of the series.

message 4: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2674 comments I saw a later one in the series in an airport bookshop and thought it looked promising - this is a nice reminder to try to find the first in series

message 5: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2674 comments And I went to the Museum of Natural History in NY yesterday! (My husband laughed at me because I was grinning like a child all the way round the dinosaur section...)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I hope you had a great time, Kate! That museum is AMAZING! The dinosaurs are definitely the highlight, but the whole thing is awesome.

message 7: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2674 comments Fabulous place. There’s also a planetarium- style exhibition on called Dark Universe - heavy on the special effects and light on the astrophysical details but a lot of fun - narrated by Neil de Grasse Tyson. So, typical PBTer, my souvenir from the exhibition shop is ‘Astrophysics for People in a Hurry’...

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Perfect souvenir!