The Cool Kids' Fantasy Club discussion

128 views
Self-Published Fantasy Blog-Off > The Grey Bastards, out today!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (last edited Jun 19, 2018 01:21AM) (new)

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 369 comments Mod
The Grey Bastards by Jonathan French comes out today!

The book won SPFBO 2 & has the highest rating of the nearly 1,000 books entered over three years!

I review it here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show....


message 2: by John (new)

John McDermott | 14 comments Just bought my copy today. Very much looking forward to it.


message 3: by David Lewis (new)

David Lewis | 6 comments I read Mark’s review and stopped at the comparison to Sons of Anarchy. It was enough to make me use one of my Audible credits.


message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 369 comments Mod
David Lewis wrote: "I read Mark’s review and stopped at the comparison to Sons of Anarchy. It was enough to make me use one of my Audible credits."

Cool! Let me know what you think.

The biker parallel is a strong one. Bikers even call their rides hogs!


message 5: by Harveen (new)

Harveen (harvskhails) | 12 comments The word "bastard" in the title + biker gang story + orcs + Mark's review with the similarity to SoA = I'm definitely reading this book 🙌


message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 369 comments Mod
Harveen wrote: "The word "bastard" in the title + biker gang story + orcs + Mark's review with the similarity to SoA = I'm definitely reading this book 🙌"

Cool. Let us know what you think.


message 7: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (ursulaholm) I'm on page 115. It's good so far:)


message 8: by Coby (new)

Coby Heitz | 11 comments This is high on my tbr list


message 9: by Joel (new)

Joel Minty | 4 comments Bought this and Arm of the Sphinx yesterday with my end-of-the-year-teacher-book-store-gift-card money. Dope.


message 10: by Mark (new)

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 369 comments Mod
Joel wrote: "Bought this and Arm of the Sphinx yesterday with my end-of-the-year-teacher-book-store-gift-card money. Dope."

Senlin Ascends & The Arm of the Sphinx are just brilliant!


message 11: by Pamela (new)

Pamela  | 54 comments Mark wrote: "Joel wrote: "Bought this and Arm of the Sphinx yesterday with my end-of-the-year-teacher-book-store-gift-card money. Dope."

Senlin Ascends & The Arm of the Sphinx are just brilliant!"


I’m reading Senlin Ascends now, it’s amazing. I can’t believe where all those original ideas have come from, but certainly appreciate the author’s imagination.


message 12: by Martin (new)

Martin Owton | 42 comments "Where Loyalties Lie" by Rob J Hayes, the 2018 SPFBO winner is among a bunch of books that are 99p/99c for 5 days. Some other great books in the offer. List here: http://mlspencerfiction.com/grimdarkl...


back to top